• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale MAKO Spearguns: Kevlar Cold Water Glove

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mar 22, 2009
Kevlar Jacketed Yamamoto Cold Water Diving Gloves

Hey Guys,

I am totally stoked; my “Kevlar Jacketed Yamamoto Diving Gloves” are in stock! They are specifically made for active divers who frequent cold and rocky waters.

WARMTH: First of all, these gloves are crazy warm. Like all of my gloves and wetsuits, my gloves are made using the finest Genuine Yamamoto neoprene material and are available in 3mm and 5mm thickness. They are ergonomically cut for unbelievable comfort and maximum dexterity. They also include an extra wide Velcro closure strap which locks warm water in and prevents cold water from entering.

DURABILITY: Not only are these gloves warm, these gloves are tough…

KEVLAR TOUGH! The palms and fingers have a jacketed exterior Kevlar shell that will outlast and outperform any glove you have ever worn.

MAKO DIRECT PRICE: Only $39.95 pair! Don’t let this low price fool you.
These are high quality, high performance, Yamamoto/Kevlar Diving Gloves.

The reason I can offer these badass gloves for such an amazing price is because I sell direct to you, the diver.

If you have any questions about these or any other MAKO Spearguns products, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Dive safe,
dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/Kevlar-Cold-Water-Diving-Gloves-p/mkcwdg.htm

MKCWDG-2.jpg

Hi Dano!
How's the dexterity of these gloves? I am interested in using them for spearing (trigger dexterity) and new england lobstering.
I am also interested to hear details about the cuff. I see the velcro, but I normally tuck the gloves up under my sleeve.
Keeping water out of my gloves seems to be key to keeping my hands warm.
Thanks!

Thanks for the inquiry. The 3mm gloves will be easier to work with than the 5 mm, but these gloves have been made with Yamamoto 39 neoprene which is very flexible and stretchy. Combining this material with the Kevlar palms and reinforcements is intended to provide the optimum mix of flexibility and toughness for working around rocks and barnacles etc.

Our pre-production testers gave this gloves high marks, so we expect similar satisfaction from our customers..There should be no trouble at all for pulling the trigger on a gun and they should hold up to lobstering well.

The velcro closure is intended to allow the user to adjust the tightness of the wrist seal. For warmer water or when riding on the boat for several minutes, they are easy to loosen up and this should promote hand circulation and comfort. If you decide to get a pair, we would love to hear how they work in New England- especially on the Maine lobsters..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT