• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale MAKO Spearguns: Pink, Blue and Black Latex Bands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mar 22, 2009
Hey Guys (AND GALS!),

Check out my new MAKO/Primeline 14.5mm small ID Speargun Band Tubing.

In addition to black over amber, I now have navy blue over amber and pink over amber.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Speargun-Bands-14-5mm-Small-ID-Latex-Tubing-p/mbr-sm145.htm

MBR-SM145-2.jpg

speargun-pink-bands.jpg

14.5mm small ID tubing is fast becoming the most preferred speargun tubing in the world.

And, like my other latex tubing, this is 100% genuine Primeline Industries tubing, the best latex tubing in the world.

NOTE: There were some individuals who were selling similar looking tubing and calling it MAKO tubing. BUT, IT WAS NOT
MY TUBING! AND IT WAS NOT MADE BY PRIMELINE. So, I now have a removable logo printed on the tubing to prevent this from happening.

Please also check out my Rapid Band Change wishbones and Q8 Stainless steel Wishbones, both made specifically
for 14.5mm small ID Tubing to allow for easy band changes without cutting.

q8-stainless-steel-wishbone-inserts.jpg

rapid-band-change-wishbones-untied.jpg

No slits in your muzzles or band slots? No problem!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dive safe
dano

In guns that let the bands chance position in the band slot I've always used different colored wishbones to tell which was which, but I guess different colored bands would make it even easier.

I'm a big fan of those stainless wishbone inserts. Just a couple of weeks ago I had tied new bands for a gun and when I loaded them in the water, found that one was just a tad short and I was busting a gut getting the wishbone on the shark fin. No problem. Without even getting in the boat I just loosened the knot so as to lengthen the wishbone a bit. If the band stretches a little, I'll just shorten the wishbone. If your wishbone material has a rough sheath, you can pass it under itself just once as in that second photo and it won't slip. If it has a slick surface like the Aussie line I'm using, you can pass it trough twice just to be sure. It helps to burn a little bulb on the end of the wishbone too, although I haven't done that in the photos.

Attachments

• insertknot.jpg
    insertknot.jpg
    915.4 KB · Views: 180
  • insertknot3.jpg
    insertknot3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: MAKO Spearguns
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT