• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Manual of freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Golfinho

NoFundo DoMar TemDinhiero
Aug 31, 2004
Hi,

If anyone hears of a place where it's possible to purchase The manual of freediving by Umberto in the u.k., let me know.
Doesn't seem to be available yet, but I believe it's available in The States already.

Hi,

I managed to place an order with amazon.de - they said originally it would be ready for dispatch after 30 Sep ... this has since been changed to "not stocked" - still waiting to get some feedback from them.
I think Howard said he would have some for sale soon ... perhaps get in touch with him?

Regards

Welwichia,

I wrote an e-mail to amazon.de and their response was that they currently are not planning to get it in stock. They asked me to order it at amazon.com since they are not directly associated with amazon.com themselves so they cannot do it as an internal purchase there.

Veronika

Post here...

Well anyone selling copies seperately, not in bulk orders in Europe, Post it here!!!!

Sure you'll be inundated with responses......

hi veronika,

that is news to me! They had it advertised for pre-order and I placed my order ... you'd think they'd have the decency to let me know they have no intention of ever shipping it :-(

Anyway, thanks for letting me know - if I do for some reason have a different outcome, I'll post it here.

best regards,

Well I have a feeling things are happening behind the scenes around here and with anyluck we'll be able to buy the book online in the next month somewhere.....

If you order the book on Amazon.com and pay the high express shipping costs you might have the book in 2 or 3 days, I got Mayol's Homo Delphinus this way and it's a gem, some books are worth that extra cost for what they contain and the mystery around them....

I know there are several web outlets (including DB) that are going to be selling Umberto's Manual. Give it a couple of weeks and i'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice in where to buy it from!

Thanks!

yep - also went for the amazon.com option in the end ... I usually try and support the smaller/"independent" guys, but am not prepared to commit myself to "give it a couple of weeks" in this case ...

rgrds

Just curious....

So did anyone actually get their greasy mits on a copy of this book eventually then????

And is there any further idea when DB store will have it?

Hi golfinho,

sadly no ... just got an email from amazon.com:

"We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with item(s)
in the order you placed on October ... "

no ETA at all, so difficult to know whether to hang on or cancel and wait till somebody in the UK gets them in stock ...

Just wondering if anyone in the US has managed to get a delivery directly from the publisher?

regards,

ummmmmmmm!!!!

Interesting...

I guess patience, it will be released eventually. delays seem to be an everyday thing in Europe these days, if it ain't the trains then it's book release dates....

take it easy dude...

Got It!

After getting the "run-around" from Amazon.com, for a month, I cancelled my order and re-ordered through: http://gbwebs.com/idelson/OceanPublications.htm

I got the book yesterday and can say that it is everything promised- and then some! This is, simply, the best freediving book I have seen so far. It covers everything in much more detail than any other freediving book I own.

Terry Mass has a good intro book, called FREEDIVE!, but this one picks up where that one left off. It has dozens of different chapters that cover everything from diet to weight training. It also goes into much more depth on the history of the sport and the physics and physiology of freediving. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but it certainly seems to be worth the wait.

Jon

I think it only took a few days to get the book shipped from Florida, but the books were held up in customs for some time before that.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT