• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

maorisub wings 85

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

panzerkrafft

Aug 12, 2009
Does anyone know where you can buy theese fins on internet and pay with creditcard, the smothest possible way to get them without hassle

I read in another thread that maorisub was very slow with their handling/shippings!

Edit: European shops only due to shipping cost

Last edited:
Thanks for answer Joe, i've read that thread!
just as him, i want the longer model!

Panzer, I suggest you (and anyone) to consider Yaffle's blades.
The 85 are complicated fins, the 75 are just fine for spearfishing. At that price it's a bargain.

Good thing that you picked up this thread spaghetti!
was kinda hoping for that.

First , Isn't 75cm shorter than average freediving/spearfishing fins,
From my point of view, if you want to upgrade to carbon fins ,you would not want to buy shorter fins than you are used to?

in my case,, my latest fin and also which i use mostly is the omer stingray,
so when spending a lot of money on carbon fins, i want them to be the same or longer,

Today i spent about 3 hours trying to order some fins without result,

First i called carbontek, both their english and german line was out of order, only some answering machine which was repeating some message on italian or spanish!

and the spanish line was answered by a man who only could say:
pronto!!! NO english!

then i called some dealers from c4 website ,with no answer

then i called maorisub without answer,

then i was thinking maybe it's easier to make your own than buy from a shop??

New thoughts omer rekord!
its the only fin that i can buy very easy here at home.

Can someone do a short review of that

how long compared to the stingray blade??

also a norwegian website did a test among different both plastic and fibre fins!

one of their conclusions was that omer rekord 3 had pretty bad
action = only the outer tip of the blade was flexing and the rest of blade was very stiff,in contradiction to some others that flexed with a nice bend all from the pocket to the point

someone can comment on that??

the webshop scubastore has some c4 fins under the brand name "spetton"
and the seller did not advise me to mount them on omer footpockets,but instead spetton pockets,he could'nt say why, but only that they use to order them in that combination

so the question is are theese spetton modells different in the case of mounting , or could you just mount them to omer pockets without problem? otherwise,how can you describe theese spetton pockets to someone that is used to omer pockets??

also i found the brand ebansub did have carbon fins that looked very nice
in the "new" 21/23* degree angle!

but no measurment information in the webshop, and of course he did'nt answere the phonenumber on his site!!

anyone own or have seen theese fins, or happens to know the lenght!

Ok many questions now!

thanks for all answers

Panzer, if your passion for the sport is proportional to the number of questions, well that's a...good thing.

First: size. The average length of blades for spearfishing/freediving longfins is 74/76 centimeters. C4 Falcon blades are 76cm, Merou Carbon are 78cm, Omer Rekord III are 74cm, Omer Millennium are 74cm...
The extra-long longfins (longer than 80 centimeters) are a different category (C4 80 and Vgr 81 et cetera), meant for "pure freediving". They're generally softer, and require a wide kick , which is not always easy in spearfishing situations.
Those extra 10 centimeters in length can be really annoying for spearfishing (at least for the average reef inshore hunting). You'd better stick to the 74/76cm type, which are still in longfins category, rather than the extra-long.

Omer Rekord. I used to have those fins and liked them a lot. The stiffness is medium soft (between C4 25 and 30). Apart fromn the Norwegian site you mention, I've never, never heard or read anyone complaining about the Omer Rekords, and I've never heard anybody whose Rekords got broken or cracked. Very good spearfishing fins, IMHO.

C4 and Spetton are two different companies who just signed a commercial agreement: Spetton distributes C4 blades in some countries, with Spetton footpockets. I used to own C4 blades in Omer footpockets, and I've heard of people using C4 in Dessault footpockets....

Where to buy carbon fins: Yaffle!

If you want the longest fin available, its DiveR at 90 cm X 19 cm but its fiberglass. You can also consider Spierre Pure Carbons which they make at a maximum 82 cm X 21 cm, its not the longest one but very comfy for spearfishing. I use them both for shore/reef hunting.

Thanks for answers,
I think i got your point spaghetti..still it's psychological block to buy carbon blades that are shorter than your regular plastic ones you use! someone agree?
...and spaghetti.. i'm not officialy a spearfisher but freediver as i live in swedenrofl
...and unless you are not happy with pike for dinner you have to dive pretty deep in easternsea to get some tastier spieces!

Anyway i have now ordered from leaderfins.com ,80x20 carbon waves fins with omer milennium- 130euro.

did'nt order them because of the cheap price but for they were the only one i found in that specific lenght i wanted! I Can say that i'm pretty scared that "you get what you pay for" with that suspiciously low price!

Last edited:
i have been using this combination of leader fin+omer pocket this year, and find them better for spearfishing than the mauri sub 85s that i was using for the past couple of seasons!

i have been using this combination of leader fin+omer pocket this year, and find them better for spearfishing than the mauri sub 85s that i was using for the past couple of seasons!

Intresting...is it thoose cheap blades they call "carbon waves" you mean??

It was really difficult to find any info about them from users...but your is still in one piece?

sorry for the delay,

yes i think they are the ones, seem very smooth over long dives/long distance swims, but still with plenty of push for getting up and down!

i got mine together with a pair of omer foot pockets from Dave who runs,
www.fins4u.co.uk

very good value (1 year guarantee i think also).

also own the maurisub wing 85s but must say that for general spearfishing these new ones seem more comfortable and manouverable!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…