• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

marc valentin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

borquaoar

Feb 19, 2003
I WANNA BUY A MARC VALENTIN CARBON BUT NO ONE OF MY FRIENDS USE THIS GUN SO I DON`T HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT.
ARE THERE ANYBODY USING OR HAVE USED?
PLEASE ADVISE
THANKS.

Attachments

• arbalete-valentin.jpg
    arbalete-valentin.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 819
Hey borquaoar,

If you post this thread to spearfishing equipment section you will get more post.

I never heard of Marc Valentin guns. I heard the reel but not gun.
If you have chance to check it before you buy you can understand if its good for you or not.

there are best french guns for "serious" sparfishers" .
It loooks old fashioned but it's very good. There is only what is important , no marketing bullshit on this gun.
it is very precise without any railgun.
the best trigger i know (very sensitive trigger)

its is very similar to the old cressi apache for the handle , but i prefer valentin.
go for it!

Is there any website / link where we can see some Marc Valnetin guns and read details about them?

Thanx in advance,
Dimitris

to dimitris

l bought some marc valentin and made some changes.
if you want l can mail you their photos.
They are really precise. with 75 and 90 cm tubes small head and 16- 18 mm bands. but l used jbl rail for long guns like 100 -110

to dimitris

l bought some marc valentin and made some changes.
if you want l can mail you their photos.
They are really precise. with 75 and 90 cm tubes small head and 16- 18 mm bands. but l used jbl rail for long guns like 100 -110:D

Thank you both.

Unfortunately spetton.com is only in Spanish, so i am having some trouble navigating. Anyways.

borquaoar, i would like to see those fotos !
A friend of mine gives away an old Marc Valentin (i think 120cm) and this is the reason for my questions. I will propably buy it.
My mail is simadis at greekdivers.com

Thanx guys ;)

Last edited:
This gun is made in France and is no BS gun... quality and simplicity is the winning formula for this gun... cheap and good.
unfortunalty there isnt a website for the valentin guns...

Here is some info i found on the Spetton website which have adopte the valentin in their new Champion speargun

Classic model in French and Spanish fishing. It was designed by Marc Valentin and after many years on the market, it is still one of the most popular spearspearguns. Because of its simplicity and reliability, this is a best-seller speargun.

HANDLE: Over-dimensioned trigger to facilitate handling with thick gloves in winter. MV handle with treble dismultiplication, less drag. Line release clip with mechanic operation mounted on bracket. Barrel guide with line retaining clip.

HEAD: Traditional design, nylon injected. This speargun absorbs the energy transmitted by 20mm rubbers. It can perform single rubber operation.

TUBE: Light aluminium, galvanized during its manufacturing process. There is a guide bracket with line retaining and releasing clip. 28mm diameter and different lengths. Refer to the Dimensions Chart.

RUBBERS, WISHBONE, SPEAR: 16mm natural rubbers. Articulated detachable wishbone with 4mm stainless steel arms. 6.25mm hardened stainless spear.

Dimitri

Marc Valentins are exellent guns. Personally the best trigger and handle combination I have tried. Until the early 90's many claimed it was the best gun around.

By the way what ever happened to HFL (Hellas Freediving List)?

Baur, HFL still operates. If you need more info on that, you can mail or PM me.

Marc Valentin handle is, in my opinion, excellent. But I don't know about any gun with this handle and carbon barrel...
Regarding spetton, there is a new site (apparently still under construction) that offers spetton in the US:
www.spetton-usa.com

Dive safe...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT