• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

March spearfishing trip in cornwall

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gingerharryuk

Jan 29, 2010
Hi everyone,

My names Paul and i am looking at taking a trip to Cornwall mid March for a spot of spearfishing but don't know the area too well.

I have family in Warbstow so thought in/around there would be good.

Can anyone could help/advise me of any good sites in/around Crackington?

I know nothing at present and would really appreciate any help/advice on sites, vis this time of year or any other helpful information.

Thanks a bundle

Paul

March is a little early for many fish even in deepest darkest Cornwall. Try posting on the Cornwal and/or Dorset threads.

Dave.

I’ve got to agree with Dave, I should make sure you pack your surf board as a back up to the spearing.
Good luck though and you never know we might get a very early Spring:), but don’t count on it.

AH....seems my enthusiasm has got the better of me........yet again (story of my life lol).

May sound like a stupid question then but is this just the case for Cornwall or across the UK?

I'm sure i've heard people mentioning they are fishing all year round?

Any ideas where? If not Cornwall i don't mind travelling but agree it is pointless if there are no fish!

(also, I thought this was the Cornwall thread?? if it isn't how do i find it?)

Cheers gents

Have a look at the top "sticky" section and click on "Cornwall 2010".

Definately keep up the enthusiasm. Maybe in March you'd find a flattie lurking in the shallows but it could be a case of knowing your marks and developing a sixth sense as to whether it is worth getting wet. South coast may be calmer, it often is. North could be too rough and disturbed in march with the hangover from the atlantic swells. Never speared Crackington way but I've seen it pretty rough at times.

Bring your kit - you never know

In my opinion if you take your gear anyway and the viz is crystal why not get in and just practice bottom times, just get used to your gear, i would dive all year if we had the viz... so thats just my 2 cents.

Like it guys - good idea!

My enthusiasms just peaked again and am looking forward to getting in and getting used to my gear/bottom times etc :)

Just can't wait to get in the sea again!

Lazuli - thanks for the pointers on cornwall thread

Cheers again

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT