• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares cyrano line release

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

istriker22

Oct 8, 2007
Hey guys,

Lost the line release on my Mares Cyrano on the last shot on the day.
Tried to find it but it was impossible.Where can I buy a new one? or a better one that would fit this gun?

I still don't know how this could happen to a gun that has less than 10 dives. Thinking the line was too tense???

Can anyone help?

Thanks

You can buy the line release pin/lever as a spare part from Strumenti nautici e attrezzature da pesca ai migliori prezzi :: TuttoPescaMare

For the the time being you can tuck the line under an o-ring or piece of inner bicycle tubing tied around the barrel just in front of the handle. A lot of spearos do this instead of using the line release pin.

Cheers, ulysses

its a great site but on my recent order there JUST the piece I needed was out of stock, all the rest was in and sent. I recommend you specifically email Marco Vacca and ask him if the part is in, or when it arrives, before ordering.

Thanks guys ,already got one from Scubasworld.Appreciate it everyone

x2, I got mine (line release) from scubasworld while I had my gun for the annual maintenance (o-rings and oil). The line release that broke was old and became weak from being in direct sunlight.
I also used to first wrap the shooting line then stretch the line to insert the shaft in the muzzle :naughty, this created too much stress on the line release. Now, I load the gun first , then wrap the line and everything is good so far.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT