Tuesday, August 20, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Cyrano Parts Diagram (Annotated)

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
Mares have not published an exploded parts diagram for the later models (Cyrano Evo and Cyrano HF), but I finally completed the one for the earlier gun as that drawing and a separate parts list have been around for some time. Dealers no doubt have a service drawing in the Mares repair manual for the guns, but it has yet to be shown on the Web.
Cyrano parts diagram.jpg

The slider assembly 38 is actually the power regulator knob, but Mares have that name on their list. It is sometimes referred to as the cursor in older instruction documents.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popgun pete

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
Look and ye shall find. With a bit of keyhole surgery I pieced this diagram together from an Italian site as the image was not able to be saved, but it could be done in segments, like a jigsaw of small blocks.
Cyrano Evo parts diagram.jpg

I don’t really understand why Mares did not publish it as the instruction manual for these guns tells you nothing about the gun's innards. Now that the "cat is out of the bag" maybe Mares will release it themselves in better definition as I enlarged this one so that it could be read without resorting to a magnifying glass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popgun pete

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
Here I have annotated the drawing for the "Cyrano Evo" and added some more part names where possible. Part 40 is a mystery for now.
Cyrano Evo parts diagram annotated.jpg

OP
OP
popgun pete

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
This looks like the round tank version of the "Cyrano Evo" and bar the cylindrical tank and the larger plastic nose cone/front bulkhead it should be virtually identical in the parts layout to the HF model.
pezzi-di-ricambio-per-fucile-mares-cyrano.png

OP
OP
popgun pete

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
Many years ago Mares routinely supplied these exploded parts drawings in the instruction manual, or owner's handbook, with every new gun, but they stopped doing it when the first "Cyrano" was released. The reasoning seemed to be to discourage owners from opening their guns up and instead leaving this job to their service departments. However this was a forlorn hope as finding a service centre was often impossible due to the geographical locations not making this convenient or practical. I hope that this is remedied for future pneumatic gun offerings as many gun owners have the expertise to undertake such tasks as did their fathers, or grandfathers, in years gone by. If anything access to tools has improved and Russian companies such as “Taimen” even sell special tools to assist in the dismantling of their guns.

OP
OP
popgun pete

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Australia
The "Cyrano HFT" should be the same as the above, but with the metal trigger and line release lever and possibly a different muzzle. The part numbers may not be the same in terms of the codes for each part, however we don't know what they are as Mares don't show them here. When the original "Cyrano" was released it was years before the parts lists became available as they were never in the owner's handbook and only went out to Mares dealers and repair centres.
Cyrano parts.jpg

By comparing the codes you can tell if say a rear grip handle has had a change that may not be obvious at first glance. Although the rear handle of the "Cyrano Evo" may look the same as the later version with the metal trigger, it may be a different part as Edosub advise that the metal trigger and line release lever are not able to be retrofitted to the "Cyrano Evo".
Cyrano handle spare parts latest version.jpg
Cyrano Evo and Cyrano rear grips.jpg

Last edited: