• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Medisten: original series new old stock!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Want to buy a Mares "Medisten" as they used to make them before the cost cutters got to work at Mares? Sealed grip butt with metal post, metal knob on the power selector cursor, metal power selector gate and metal piston and shock absorber. Forget the guns that came later, bar the small muzzle ports these were some of the best guns that Mares ever made and set them as the benchmark that has been copied ever since. The small muzzle ports don't really affect the performance as my similar "Sten" pumped up to the max can shoot 3 line wraps as it blasts out its 8 mm shaft.

Mares Medisten new in bag.jpg

Mares Medisten original model.jpg

Mares Medisten original muzzle.jpg
Original Mares Sten R.jpg
Mares Medisten rear handle.jpg

Last edited:
Relisted as there were no bidders. Still starting off at 199 euros, which is a lot (USD222), but not excessive for the condtion. Even has the oil quantity measuring cup which I misplaced many years ago after I bought my first "MiniminIsten".

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT