• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Phantom 75 carbon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

greendiver

Sea fanatic
May 2, 2005
Hey guys, just got my hands on a Mares, used to be sporasub, 75 phantom carbon.
The gun looks good, the trigger is a bit to far, away I think, but the general feel is good.
Just need to get a reel for the gun, I cant mount a normal reel on the gun.
who has experience with this gun or any tips with the reel?

Well done Mike. I haven't tried the gun but it looks like it has everything to be good: lightweight but shaped to stable, with the adjustable ballast muzzle, a clean open aiming line, I like it (from pictures).
I've been told that the bands are a bit feeble (just a bit) but anyway not a big problem for a 75, which is not supposed to be a cannon...
For the reel, you should get the Mares reel for Phantom, which has the unique feature to be mounted obliquely so to keep the reel line closer to the barrel, which is good for aspetto and agguato.
My question to you is: could you please tell me if it's there a "Made in Italy" label anywhere on the gun? (just curious about this)

Great, I am looking foward to hear the comments about it, I think the db store has the reel for this gun 28 dollars, I think it is a little different then the sporasub reel.

I am planning on geting the 110.

Hey Spagho!l!
Yep, it is like you describe, I will post a couple of interesting pics, with details of the gun...sorry made in Slovenia...:).
The bands are ok, I thought they were powerful for standard rubbers.
The only thing i have noticed, it is personal, is that the trigger is a bit far away, will have to get used to that...or not :t

Well done Mike. I haven't tried the gun but it looks like it has everything to be good: lightweight but shaped to stable, with the adjustable ballast muzzle, a clean open aiming line, I like it (from pictures).
I've been told that the bands are a bit feeble (just a bit) but anyway not a big problem for a 75, which is not supposed to be a cannon...
For the reel, you should get the Mares reel for Phantom, which has the unique feature to be mounted obliquely so to keep the reel line closer to the barrel, which is good for aspetto and agguato.
My question to you is: could you please tell me if it's there a "Made in Italy" label anywhere on the gun? (just curious about this)

Great, I am looking foward to hear the comments about it, I think the db store has the reel for this gun 28 dollars, I think it is a little different then the sporasub reel.

I am planning on geting the 110.

Hi Strange!
I will keep you updated, give me a week:martial or so...

Reactions: strangelove
i have to say ol' spag that this gun has me sold (marketing power, maybe, but I have been convinced..) it is even quite cheap, even in the Carbon version.

I just bough a Dessault Quatro pro (alumimum) and don't like it too much :( tube is 30mm, wow does it get whacked around in our fierce currents(duh, of course). Point is: phantom carbon was/is CHEAPER...

BTW: congrats on great team result from Italy.

Don't mention Chile...

I have go the real on the gun, very nice indeed!!
I went out today and was lucky, caught a nice amberjack, I actually needed the real... a bit..
will post some pice of the gun with the real and the jack later!!

Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT