• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Phantom carbon 110

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Camospearo

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyone had experience with these guns? I’ve read some reviews that say the gun bends when loaded and a second rubber makes it worse ? Does anyone out there own the Mares Phantom carbon 110 and has advice on value etc , currently I use a Pathos laser pro 120 open pro and it is a superb gun , But am keen for a back up gun !

Reactions: Mr. X
I looked into a cool looking Mares a few years back and came across some reports of problems. I don't recall exactly what the problem was though. But the reports cooled my interest.

I have nothing against Mares, I have a Mares wetsuit. I believe their fins are well regarded. And their speargun designs and specifications appealed to me. The one you mention looks very good.

Why not get another Pathos Laser Pro, 110cm? There are some advantages to using the same model.

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with these guns? I’ve read some reviews that say the gun bends when loaded and a second rubber makes it worse ? Does anyone out there own the Mares Phantom carbon 110 and has advice on value etc , currently I use a Pathos laser pro 120 open pro and it is a superb gun , But am keen for a back up gun !
Cheers mate , think I will go with another pathos
I looked into a cool looking Mares a few years back and came across some reports of problems. I don't recall exactly what the problem was though. But the reports cooled my interest.

I have nothing against Mares, I have a Mares wetsuit. I believe their fins are well regarded. And their speargun designs and specifications appealed to me. The one you mention looks very good.

Why not get another Pathos Laser Pro, 110cm? There are some advantages to using the same model.

Think I will get another pathos , been using their guns for a few years now , and very rarely miss a shot , in fact not for a couple of years have missed a shot , a mate has the mares for sale , but it didn’t feel right ..... cheers Mr X

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT