• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Phantom review

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ron indeed the flexible barrel is something I had heard before: this gun must be particularily affected by barrel flex. Honestly speaking, I don't know if this is really a big problem: people who made ballistic tests came to the conclusion that barrel flex does not affect the accuracy of a speargun, cause at the very moment you pull the trigger and release the band load, the barrell straightehns immediately. What the "experts" say is that barrel flex affects power and makes it more difficult to aim.....

I was really fire up to get one of those, but not any more.

Cayman, Cayman, Cayman now.

Ron, this is a great service for the spearo comunity, I really enjoy the reviews, many thanks again , the HSD review are really shallow, believe or not for the cayman, one of the testers comment on how awkard the safety is.

Last edited:
Yeah if I owned all these guns I would do a range and accuracy test in a pool like what HSD do.

Ron

IMO shoting straight is just one requirement, the gun needs to be quick to reaload well put together, tangle free, etc .... If you use a reel the reel needs to be tangle free not look up. Your test are way more detail (way better !) then the single sentence on the HSD.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT