• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Plana Avanto Quattro POWER fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sickboy

Jan 30, 2001
Hi all. I am looking to replace my 8 year-old mares plana avanti HP (dual-channel) fins, as I am taking my free-diving more seriously and I'm also scuba diving more regularly.

I know that proper long free-diving fins like the cressi Gara etc are the best, even for scuba diving, but their size and cost are just too much of a hinderence right now. My scuba diving is always done abroad, and there aren't really many places here (Hong Kong) to do really deep freediving (usually 20m max) to require the extra power of the long fins.

I am therefore looking at the Mares Quattro POWER fins, the full foot ones, which are longer than the regular quattro open heel fins. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these fins? From what I have read, they seem to be the best/only alternative to the long-blade fins.

I would very much appreciate any info/opinions anyone can provide. I would LOVE to get some long-blade fins, but it's just not practical right now. Maybe later on when I get even more serious.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Terry
(not Maas :) )

Hi in answer to your question, I started freediving at the end of last year and had a pair of these (cant be bothered typing that huge name out!) They seved me fine, I have used them fairly reguarly to a depth of about 20m max, for freediving and spearfishing without problems.:D I think they are an excellent inbetween fin especially if you want scuba use as well. The other bonus is they are short enough to give good performance in a shallow pool for training.
My pair are up for grabs in excellent condition still under warrenty and in their bag email me privately if your interested. ickledevil@talk21.com
Oh year I think one of the videos on www.freediver.co.uk shows someone diving in a pair.
Hope I was of help:cool:
Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT