• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Snub Nose Competition Line Spear gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thank you for all you help
Here are some pics from my trip.

I made my shaft loader with some pvc T, that I found on my local shop, and they work great, I just drill a little hole on the side to put my home made lanyard and they are really nice working shaft loaders.

Thank you for the advice.

I just notice that the mares shaft is not for salty water only fresh water because after a couple days of use the salty water was really corrosive, that was really bad because they do not sell the mares spare shaft in Mexico so I have to pay some one to make me other stainless steel shaft, but was cheap $20.00 dollars and the shaft was identical.

I let my cousin borrow my spear gun, big mistake, he lost the spring and the ring, but after I while I found some spare from a JBL gun and I use them.

This was a big adventure for me and I really like it, next time I going to HUATULCO OAXACA MEXICO is really beautiful, I will recommend to all of you out there.

Thank you and Happy Holidays !!!!

Attachments

• P1080886.jpg
    P1080886.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 242
  • P1080887.jpg
    P1080887.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 302
  • P1080888.jpg
    P1080888.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Rather than mess with the shock line, I found a plastic coiled line in a dive shop that works much better for the snubnose gun than the shock line. The range of the snubnose is better suited to hunting fish like Lincod and Rockfish when inside kelp forests since the range is 6 to 9 feet. The coiled line is much quicker to use because it returns to length without needing to manually coil after each shot. I've included a picture of my gun, which I purchased in 1994 and I just had the seals replaced 2 years ago. Most of the 13mm shafts required an adapter to fit the tips available here which I think are 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• P1050594.JPG
    P1050594.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 231
  • P1050593.JPG
    P1050593.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 290
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT