• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

marlin carbon elite 115

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freewilly

Jun 20, 2011
I have 115 carbon beuchat marlin elite with 6.5 mm salvimar torsion shaft powered with 2 ,18mm rubberbandsbut need more power to shoot 5 meters distance,any suggestions pls?

Go with a 7 mm shaft and stick with the 2 X 18 bands. You are probably losing range, as well as accuracy, now due to being overpowered. A single 18 mm band is adequate for a 6.5 shaft. Standard on most guns for a 6.5 mm shaft is one 16 mm band.
You might try using just one band and see whether your range and accuracy improve.
I shoot a 110 Rob Allen with 2 X 14 mm bands, and have no problem with range out to the end of 1 wrap.

Hi Freewilly. I'm from Malta too. what bands are you using? I too am in the process of tuning my gun. i have a Beuchat Marlin Elite 95 (Alu not Carbon) with 6.7mm Beuchat shaft and 18mm bands. From what i have been reading lately, you should have more than enough with the current set up. i was thinking about two 16mm or leave it with one 18mm band but try another make such as H Dessault. The Beuchat bands have got a large 7mm diameter hole which means that they're not really 100% 18 mm. Other bands like dessault have a much smaller hole through the bands. keep us posted with updates. cheers

I have a Beuchat Marlin Carbon Elite 105 with 6.7mm Beuchat shaft and 18mm band. And it shoots with great accuracy for almost 5 meters ..
I think ur 115 need a heavier shaft .. 6.7mm would be the way to go ..
If u decide to go with 7mm shaft .. I would suggest a different make for the bands .. A the beuchat 18mm are a bit like the 16mm on my RobAllen :)

Good luck hunting ..

Dive safe ..

I currently have a 115 Beuchat carbon. I use a 17/64 shaft with two 9/16 bands. It's a solid setup and very accurate!

DJ,

I too have the same speargun... what are the lengths of you 2x14mm bands. please help for i can't find the perfect setup. Does it have at least 4m accurate range shot?

Neil from Malta

I am thinking of getting a Beuchat Marlin Elite but I am a little worried since the mechanism with the trigger is plastic as opposed to other guns such as Pathos whereby the mech is stainless steel. Are these plastic triggers and mechs reliable???

I am thinking of getting a Beuchat Marlin Elite but I am a little worried since the mechanism with the trigger is plastic as opposed to other guns such as Pathos whereby the mech is stainless steel. Are these plastic triggers and mechs reliable???

Honestly, i've changed it once and the new one looks like a little pass half of its life by now .. all this within the 3 years i owned the gun ..

nothing compete with the durability of RobAllen, Pathos and offcourse AimRight :)

Reactions: Milan
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT