• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

mask for smaller faces and kids

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

azapa

51% freediver 49% spearo
Jan 31, 2007
looking to get my lucky boys a decent freediving mask, as they are getting to the equalizing stage (whoopeee) and the 5 dollar bodyglove with built in purge valve masks are not helping :duh

Criteria:
- Fits small faces (they are 7 and 9, but have, I would guess, a adult female petite size head)
- cheapish (no micromask, thats only for Dad)
- long lasting

The minima by Cressi fits my 7 year old perfectly. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Safe dives.

Hi Azapa,

When I was 12 years old I used to use the first series of the Technisub Luna mask. But these may not be as easy to find outside Europe these days. Another option I would recommend for your boys is the Cressi SuperOcchio, another small volume that fits small face well.

At least here it the States you can find very good deals on the SuperOcchios since they've been around forever.

Cheers,
Claudio

Last edited:
Reactions: azapa
Thanks Claudio! No one else out there with freediving kids?

I've got two daughters - six and eight. Both do snorkeling and last summer began teaching the elder in basic diving. Two years ago first bought the old model Beuchat Junior - bad fit for narrow face, lot of leakage. Replaced with Cressi Stellina - great mask for children! Next year bought the same mask for my younger girl, but the name of the model was already Medusa Junior - the same shape and quality. After started writing the post checked the Crssi's site - the same mask is again renamed - at present is Sirenetta:
http://www.cressisub.it/easyStore/index.asp?CategoriaID=102027
Sky Junior looks good as well. Meantime Beuchat changed the design of their Junior model and now is as good as Cressi's.

Sorry Azapa, I can't help much. My kids made do with cheepos from Walmart until they were big enough for a real mask. Those were a real common frame that lots of brands use, including Sea Vision. Good for fairly small faces, medium volume, very comfy, great field of view. I'll find out what they call it now. That frame may be small enough for your 9 year old.

Connor

Connor

My daughter like going down; and difficulty to pinch the nose for equalization. Anyone know of 7-years girl Low volume mask that can pinch nose? Thanks!

I've got two daughters - six and eight. Both do snorkeling and last summer began teaching the elder in basic diving. Two years ago first bought the old model Beuchat Junior - bad fit for narrow face, lot of leakage. Replaced with Cressi Stellina - great mask for children! Next year bought the same mask for my younger girl, but the name of the model was already Medusa Junior - the same shape and quality. After started writing the post checked the Crssi's site - the same mask is again renamed - at present is Sirenetta:
http://www.cressisub.it/easyStore/index.asp?CategoriaID=102027
Sky Junior looks good as well. Meantime Beuchat changed the design of their Junior model and now is as good as Cressi's.

omer zero!
Tried that not working as the distance from the nose bridge is too far for children to pinch her nose and the nose bridge was hard plastic. Even harder to push for her nose. Omer Zero not working. Any other suggestion ?

In my family we've always had two super occhio's as backups in case a friend/family member forgets a mask., because they are pretty universally fitting. I think the cressi nano might work aswell for children's faces.

In my family we've always had two super occhio's as backups in case a friend/family member forgets a mask., because they are pretty universally fitting. I think the cressi nano might work aswell for children's faces.
Thanks for the comment, I will try with the Cressi Superocchio this weekend and see how it goes... keep you all posted.

Tried that not working as the distance from the nose bridge is too far for children to pinch her nose and the nose bridge was hard plastic. Even harder to push for her nose. Omer Zero not working. Any other suggestion ?

Cressi Nano and Technisub Micromask (and any of it's clones) work great for smaller faces and mid sized children. My daughter has been using one since she was about 8.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT