• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

masks for big faces

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pdice

Mar 12, 2003
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good mask for larger faces? I am currently using an omer mask similar to the abyss but i have trouble pinching my nose. My nose is up higher in the pocket, but the mask is completely water tight.

Any suggestions?

I assume you mean wide faces?

If so, then I can recommend the following:

Aqualung Sphera

Aqualung Falco

Dacor Bandit- if you can still find one

Aqualung Look- larger volume good for scuba

I also have a rather old Dacor Vista LV ( I think that's what it was called, I just checked it and it doesn't have any markings on it) that worked out really well for a long time. I am pretty sure that it hasn't been made in a while.

I have used others, but they are better suited for scuba rather than freediving.

If anyone else has a favorite mask they use I would be interested in it.

Jon

I have a fairly wide face and while a lot of masks will work for me on scuba, not many are comfortable and leak free when freediving. My biggest hassle is that I generally have at least a weeks growth of beard plus a goatee, which causes most masks to leak when I freedive. So my favourite freedive mask is a TUSA Liberator that I borrowed from my wife. It won't leak regardless of how much of a beard I have and even though it's not low volume at all, it works for most of my diving.

My low volume masks are a Sporasub Samurai and a Cressi Minima.

The Sporasub is a really nice mask, very comfortable and easy to equalize. It just seems to squash down on my face without pinching or feeling uncomfortable but I have to trim my beard and goatee to get the Sporasub to seal and I have to shave completely to get the Minima to seal:(

Anyone know of a low volume mask that is leak free with a beard?

Ash

Anyone know of a low volume mask that is leak free with a beard?

Yeah, Fluid Goggles.rofl

Jon

Last edited:
Fluid Goggles? Nice idea Jon but Santa already said “no way". He did offer me a nice new Aqualung Seal though:)

Just what I need to start making a pipe mask for the New Year.

Ash

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT