• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mean Devil Doggy Tuna

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fishimani

Leagues Deep
Dec 28, 2008
Dogtooth tuna are evil. Period. I shot a little tiny one (maybe 5-8 lbs) almost killed me. Those fish are the devils knob!!!:crutch

In your opinion what is the meanest "kill you" fish....sharks aside;)

lionfish lolz... hmmmm maybe try using a float and line next time you shoot a tuna, you can let go of the gun and play the fish till it gets tired.. i`m not kidding about the lionfish i know someone who almost got killed by a lionfish, man those tines pack a real punch tasty fish though poison can be neuttalized by heat. safe spearing :)

I hear you man, but I have to bring up the fact that (fortunately) these encounters are not frequent, along with dangerous interaction with killer Squid! :crutch-- I'm afraid of Trigger Fish, -- :blackeye These Mo Fo's are everywhere!!! And they come after you :vangry

Reactions: agbiv
I'm wary of triggers. They're docile but they'll nip at you given a chance. I would be cautious around a large conger eel, barracuda, and any shark more than 4 ft long. I am wary of Pike although I have handled a small-ish one without incident when angling as boy. I guess I'd be wary of rays after that incident with a sting ray a year or two ago.:( Anything venomess, the tiny weaver fish we get on beaches here, puffer fish, etc.

I heard about the Dog Tuna, never tried em (no opportunity yet) but there teeth and the fact that tuna are pretty darn hungry most of the time scares me a bit.

The only fish I think is really dangerous is the occasional chance encounter with a Chick on her 3 margarita in the hot tub! rofl They will usually get you in trouble float line or not.:inlove

LOL

Reactions: agbiv
My youngest daughter is convinced cows are evil and horses right behind. I think they're just stupid enough to hurt you.

I think eels are the most scary to me, other than bull sharks,

anyone here spearfishes for surgeon fish????
nice eating fish be careful though they have sharp scalpel like bone on their tail hence the name.. the first time i shot one(smallish 1/2 kilo) the fish went berserk and my first instinct is to grab.... oh well lesson learned the hard way.. take care guys :)

sligshaft, they(triggers) taste good but you have to eat it while hot oterwise it wont be that edible (for some) i love grilled trigger. they do bite they are like the piranha of the sea.

p.s. triggers ` good to fillet just add a little lemon juice, salt to taste and then coated in cornstach and then deep fried, yummy :)

surgons or Kala's (unicorn fish) both have those mean bones but i like the taste of kala so i chance um

Hey, I did not know that Surgeon Fish were good to eat! They are abundant in tropical waters,but man,what a risk! The switchblades in the tail can kill you, I'm going to make sure that the critter is dead,before I reach for it.Once in the past, I reached for a Trigger fish, and as I was compressing the tines, 'flopper barbs' the fish bit the inside of my wrist,nipped out a chunk of skin! :blackeye I imagine that a deep ripping slash from a Trigger will render substantial blood loss. Not to mention catastrophic tissue and tendon damage. I would hope that medical attention is not more than several hours away.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT