• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Med. Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

onyour4s

Jan 3, 2002
Does anyone know if certain depths of water can cause a seizure in a person. I have epilepsy, but not as typical as others. In fact i havent had one in many years but then again, i never dived before either. So if anyone knows i would appreciate the info, it could literally mean a life saving answer. Thanks!

ask DAN

Hi,
the best source of information about dive medecine is the diver's alert network ( aka DAN). They have an article baout epilepsy here: http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=80

IMHO, go for it, i've seen guys in wheelchair dive, but make shure your buddy/instructor/divemaster knows about your conditon so they can keep an eye on you and make shure they know how to react in case of trouble.

Good luck!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT