• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Medicals

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
As of now, please could anyone who comes along to saltFree bring the attached Medical Form with you. If you answer NO to all the questions, you do not have to have it signed by a doctor. If you have any YES's you will need a physician's signature.

If you already have a different medical and it's less than a year old, that is fine, please bring a copy.

Do bear in mind that for the UK Nationals in May, you will all need a doctors signature.

Thanks
Sam

Attachments

• rstc medical.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 251
Cost of a freediving medical???

I spoke to my GP today regarding a medical check for freediving. He was quite happy to do one but wanted £75. I am keen to get a thorough examination but this seems a bit excessive?

I was wondering if this is about the going rate or if there is anywhere I could get this done cheaper.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

When are we going spearfishing again? The bass should be rolling in!!

what sort of medical do you want? colonoscopy included?!! he, he !!

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin

Shouldn't be too long before spearfishing starts again. The earliest I have caught fish is early May. I think the vis may have been ok recently as there has been very little surf but I dont think the fish turn up 'till a bit later (and its far too cold for me). Ill give you a call as soon as it looks good.

I am still hoping to get a sit on Kayak for the summer similar to yours so might need some advice there.

I need a medical for Cyprus and salt free. It would be great if you could help me out with this - not too bothered about the colonoscopy though!

Cheers

Matt

Matt,

If you want a medical, this should not be a major problem. I have a clinic at Morriston on Wednesday mornings, however the next one is not until 31 march,as Iam on call and going away for a course. Alternatively if you phone my secretary on 704059 I can try and fit you in some time this week. I presume all you need is a basic examination/Blood pressure etc...if you need blood tests etc... then it gets a bit more complicated.

Let us know..

Justin

Thanks Justin that's a big help. 31st March sounds good. Ill have to check with work but I cant see it being a problem. Ill call your secretary to sort the time out.

See you then.

Matt

No problem

I'll let her know and we'll make you an appointment

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT