• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

meeeeow!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
It's my confession I've been shooting and eating sea kittens for 20 years (not fish: sea kittens. In my immense stupidity I thought they were fish, but the sad truth is they were sea kittens). Only now I see what a cruel dumb ass I've been. :mad:
PETA // Save the Sea Kittens

Reactions: Jonny250
Then what would sharks be, lions? :) A whale an elephant?

Trouble is, i really dislike cats! couldnt have picked a worse alternative name :)

Quote: "fish are complex and intelligent individuals. In fact, if anglers treated cats, dogs, cows, or pigs the way they treat fish, they would be thrown in prison on charges of cruelty to animals"
Is there any research to show that fish can feel or remember stuff? Perhaps there's a valid point there? i just assume that fish dont feel and die quick...

Anyway i'm off to shoot some ... Meeeoooow

There is no doubt that fish remember. If they didn't they would all be stupid - just like scuba divers think they are.

As for pain, I do not think they feel pain as we do. A number of years ago I handspeared a dorado (I had just missed a fish and was really disapointed when I got to the surface a shoal of dorado swam up to me as if teasing me - well I just grabbed the spear and handspeared one of 5.7kg) it slowly swam away is if nothing had happened. When I stot it again with my second gun, it went ballistic!!!! A few times since this, I have had times where a fish did not react afer being shot (nowhere near the spine). Only after the fish feeling the spear touch it did it bolt!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT