• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

mermaid sightings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Very nice. The film, the mood even the mermaid. A lot of good vibe. Just get the mermaid not to swim like a girl with a monofin. Make us reeeeaaaally believe it. Great job non the less and hope my opinion (for what its worth helps for next time).

iceselkie: Grand Opening at the Canada Games Pool

Last edited by a moderator:
We rarely see them in the Caribbean, but occasionally they wash up on the beach like this one last week.

:)

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 294
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 255
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 250
  • M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: foxfish
How would one get a decent fillet off of one? Below is a pic of the one I speared last weekend...Sorry it got a little dried out sitting on the hood of my car...

There were giant schools of 'em! rofl

Last edited:
By the way, I've reeeeeeeallllllly been enjoying this little aspect of freediving. Whenever I train at the pool, I get TONS of questions about my gear, most especially my monofin. When I put it on, the kids go crazy!
So naturally, it leads to little stints such as this one where I go full out for a few hours during special events, just swimming with the kids and letting all kinds of mermaid stories pour out of my mouth. :D

I've heard rumors that there are some that got traped in the Springs in Florida!

Don´t they almost look like mermaids ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us25kK3YWIQ]YouTube - Monofin freediving Paulina and Elena[/ame]

Enjoy !
Holger

Underwater model Nadine Werner has got her own tail

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xhMxteTn-I]YouTube - Unterwasser-Model bei RTL[/ame]

Enjoy !
Holger

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT