• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Merou wooden gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

GALADION

Mar 31, 2004
A couple of days ago I saw at emporiodellapesca, a Merou wooden speargun. It looked very nice (at least to look at) but I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it out or know something more about it.

Thanks in advance for bothering with my post.

Hey Galadion,

I have heard that they are good robust guns but a bit cumbersome in the water.

What was the price for it?

I would say that i preferred the Totem guns but you all know that by now ;)

Galadion,

If its wood you are after and from Italy, try totemsub (tahiti or pelagos). It is actually cheaper to order them from Greece than buy them in Italy (exempt from italian Vat). For 300 euro you can get any Totemsub model + reel delivered to your door.

Den tha thelisis allo oplo gia karteri. An xriazese peretero plirofories gia ta totems steile mu PM.

Baur

Thanks guys for the infos!
Shane, the price if I am not mistaken was about 280 euros (reel included)+25 for delivery. The problem is that I couldn't tell the length (anyway I don't know italian by I can read a bit). It seemed like a good deal though I have not decided yet to by such a gun. As for your fascination with them Totems we are AAALLLL aware of!!(just kidding)
Baur, 300 euros+reel ???? In Greece I don't think you can get it for under 400! I like those guns too and maybe I will trust you (and shane) with you advise. By the way, ta ellinika sou einai aptaista (translation for non greek speakers: your greek are flawless).

PS. Baur file mou prospathisa na sou steilo minima alla den mporeis na to laveis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baur
Does any of you knows pelagos prices in Greece? I searched for it only able to learn the name of the seller nothing else..Fabrizio is not going to likely respond too...He should be very busy. The prices of wooden guns seems almost same everywhere. Mine priced approximatelly 300 euro after some mod. which i am still waiting the seller to do it:waterwork Anyway i am in exam mood too:head

Hey Murat,

How is the import duty now that Cyprus has become part of the EU

I should think that shipping a gun to Cyprus should not be that expensive any more.

What wooden gun did you buy?

When are you gonna get it?

In theory all of the Cyprus entered EU but in real life only south part. There are some poletical problems and things are more complicated then ever. I don't know much about those stupid shipping fees. Fabrizio quated me 150 euro two years ago for shipping. But most of the european, even some italian dive shops ship things for 20 euro, i also get wet suit with a shipping of 30 dollars from greece. I don't know why totemsub uses such expensive shipping method. My new gun is custom designed barell. Laminated teak made in italy and assemblied here with omer parts... Just waiting the seller to change the old master / reel setup for T20/Alluminium reel, probably it will ne rebalast too. Too bad barell is not compatible with excalibur handle...Will take few shots as soon as i got it. Next one will double banded :) May a Sjedi or Tahiti:D

I only wish the exams to finish now...So i can open the seson.

Hey guys

About delivery for Totems I received my Tahiti via courier for 35 euros ( to UK) this past April. I was also expecting some astronomical price for safe delivery but was pleasantly surprised by the low cost.

On retail prices it is actually better to order from outside Italy than within due to the high VAT rate. Payment VAT free for the Tahiti cost me 242 euros + 42 euros for the reel. Email of Totemsub is really problematic. Emails to totemsub@totemsub.it almost never go through. Murat use info@totemsub.it which works fine and send each mail twice for special emphasis :D:D

Galadion thank you for your compliments the explanation lies in that my wife of 7 years is Greek, so I picked it up eventually :). You have PM.

Murat import duty..is a bitch to say the least. Ill be in Cyprus all July and if import duty is getting in the way of you ordering a Tahiti, perhaps you can use my address in the South for delivery and come pick it up. Otherwise if we meet up you can get first hand experience using mine :D.

Baur

thanks for the offer baur i will think about it on my next purchase. I am wondering do i need to pay vat price of the gun since cyprus (partly) entered to the EU???:confused:

To be honest Sjedi looks more weird and should deliver more stable shoots probably with less manuverability (everthing is trade off:( ). Using a double 17.5mm bands on that gun should be killer:cool:

For the North you would have to pay import duty which might explain the unreasonable prices you might be seeing. Import duties have been abolished within the EU, but unfortunately I think it still applies for the North.
Import duty is relevant to the country of origin of the product and the duty classification your customs service gives. So to be certain of the price difference you would have go to your customs service (or website) in North and ask for a print out of import duties for "Recreational Fishing & Sporting Goods".

Id like the MiniJedi 75 very much for aspettos in bad vis. Looks like it can take on anything within range.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT