• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Miami Dolphins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Deepdown

Oct 20, 2003
Quick Miami offshore report:

Day: Saturday December 13
Place: Somewhere of Elliot Key in 180 ft of blueish water. Nah actually it was more green water
Vis: About 30-40ft with lots of yellyfish

We runned and gunned looking for bait and birds. After jumping in a couple of times not finding any fish I was about to give up again and head back to the boat. Then out of no where they appeared. There were about 20 of them, all about the same size.
After waiting for them to come closer I figured that wasn't going to happen. I lined up on the closest one and nailed it right after the pectoral fin. The spear went straight through, not hitting anything vital. Great. Not! The fish was swimming around like nothing happend, and to make things even better, it started circling me, wrapping me with the shooting line in the process.

I finally managed to grab it by the tail, and then get a hand in its gills.

The picture makes her look pretty big, but she was only 9lbs

Just thought I'd shre with you guys out there.

Rolando! what happend? Did you go out today?

here is the pic

Attachments

• g-dradu.jpg
    g-dradu.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 485
Hey there,

Congrats on the dolphin. It seems that things are a little different now. The dolphin are still schooling in the winter. Not bad for a good dinner. Enjoy....

Aquiles

Originally posted by Deepdown
Rolando! what happend? Did you go out today?

Coñññññññño! Nice Dolphin G! Now I see why your soon to be married ass didn't go out with me on Saturday. I just knew you had caught something big after I had 16 missed calls on my cell phone all listing your number:D

Great job and congrats on that beuty. Good luck next week with your self-imposed purgatory:eek: ...just kidding. When you get back we'll hit the reefs or as you just did the deeper blue.

And no, I did not go out. Seems most of the local spearos had better things to do:( But no matter, fish was still served on the bedroom table :p

Once again, good catch!

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the dolphin were definately stilll out in force. Althought all my fish sightings were before 9:00 am, with action drastically slowing down afterwards. I also saw some kings out in about 155ft, but they stayed at the edge of visibilty. All in all it was a great day, although a little chilly since I was diving without a wetsuit. Rolando man, where are you when I need you. ;) Let me know how much you want for that suit. I'm really going to need it when I get back from Hawai'i.

G

triple 300hp Merc's...no wonder you dont have a wetsuit:D

That's funny!

I wish that was my boat. Unfortunately(fortunatly actually) I was just along for the ride. All the fun, for just a fraction of the cost.

G

nice work...
this is jeremy, i went out with you on jc's boat recently.

i was also out there on saturday, out of caser's creek...
we caught 4 or 5 mackerals to 29 inchs
3 mangroves to like 23 or 24 inchs
and i shot a 15-20 lb wahoo...
ill post the story later when i scan my pictures...

cant believe you went out without a wetsuit,
i finally got the lizzard 2 piece camo wetsuit...

Wussup Mushkee!

JC told me about the Hoo. That's bad ass!
Can't wait to see your pics. Man it sure was cold out there. I'll be in Hawai'i next week, and I think I'll buy a Excel suit at Hana pa'a.

Wher did you dive? And how was the vis?

Laters,

G

Wet suit

Thanks bootspearo,

I actually just bought one there with a separate hood. I just got back from Hawaii, and visited the main Hana Pa'a store. They have so much cool stuff... I talked myself in to buying a 60" wong mid-handle hybrid gun aswel. Mmmm, can't wait to get them wet.

Thanks again

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT