• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Miniature Snorkeling Tank

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dcvf

Aug 15, 2015
Hi everybody,

What do you think about this product for « snorkeler » ?

« The Scorkl: Refillable Miniature Snorkeling Tank gives you the freedom to explore the sea in a completely new way. »

= > https://awesomestuff365.com/scorkl-refillable-miniature-snorkeling-tank/

A young female snorkeler, able to go down to 5 m perhaps, was asking me if this product could be dangerous… (for lambda snorkelers without any knowledge in scuba diving)

I have my opinion about "Scorkl" but I would like to read yours before giving mine

And I don't intend to use the « Refillable Miniature Snorkeling Tank «

I’m happy with my 3* AIDA ( successfully passed at 73 …I'm 75 year hold now)…SSI Freediving 2 etc…and 1* scuba diving

To help you here below …the FAQ

=>

I thank you in advance for your answers

Regards.

dcvf

Hi everybody,

What do you think about this product for « snorkeler » ?

« The Scorkl: Refillable Miniature Snorkeling Tank gives you the freedom to explore the sea in a completely new way. »

= > https://awesomestuff365.com/scorkl-refillable-miniature-snorkeling-tank/

A young female snorkeler, able to go down to 5 m perhaps, was asking me if this product could be dangerous… (for lambda snorkelers without any knowledge in scuba diving)

I have my opinion about "Scorkl" but I would like to read yours before giving mine

And I don't intend to use the « Refillable Miniature Snorkeling Tank «

I’m happy with my 3* AIDA ( successfully passed at 73 …I'm 75 year hold now)…SSI Freediving 2 etc…and 1* scuba diving

To help you here below …the FAQ

=>

I thank you in advance for your answers

Regards.

dcvf

This = risk of overextending your lungs if you are not a trained scuba diver

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Honestly I can think of some uses for it, on a boat as part of the safety equipment being one, I like the general idea and think it will probably do well, safety is obviously a big issue, if you go from concentrating on breath holds etc and then switch to this, one lapse in concentration could be emotional! :eek: Someone who understood the principle of gases under pressure would be ok I would have thought but for someone with no knowledge at all of apnea and/or scuba, jumping in with this and going as deep as they dare, it could be dangerous.

Wow it surprises me the fact that this has received such a boatload of money....
The picture of their to be product is literally an exact copy and past of SpareAir which is basically the same thing. http://www.spareair.com/ Spareare has been around for quite some time now. It gives the uses what Ive heard to be 3-5mins of bottom time. The only difference between that and this "snorkl" is that the Snorkl is apparently filled by a bike pump which is ridiculous. The Spareair tank gives 3-5mins underwater and is filled by a high pressure tank/compressor. That fact that "snorkl" is claiming their mini tank(around same size as Spareair) to hold double the amount of air as the spareair tanks and yet someone be filled by a bike pump. Spareair claims their tanks can hold up to 3,000 PSI. With a quick search I found that most bike pumps can reach to about 110 PSI before it gets to hard to continue pumping. My conclusion, yet another one of these kikstarter scams that targets the clueless.

After looking at their video, I'm fairly sure thats actually a Spareair tank they painted their logo on and just made a video about claiming its theirs.

HI everybody,

Thanks for your answers

@ jkegode
We are on the same wavelength

@ pinniped72
OK

@ Marlin Baxter
It’s not a bike pump

From the FAQ :
« Do I have to use SCORKL hand pump or can Use my own ? »

Please see the détails =>

Any way … »It’s dangerous for snorkeler »

Regards

dcvf

Sorry ,…again the same problem, the link for the FAQ is not directly visible, please clic on the picture to find the FAQ

@dcvf doesnt make a difference no hand powered pump can produce enough PSI to allow 10 minutes of breathing with that thing. It's a scam.

Hi Marlin Baxter

Similar pumps exist for PCP rifle, they are called « multi stage pump »

See =>

After having watched the video we can say :

- It’s really very hard to reach the 3000 PSI, but not impossible

- It takes a very long time ... 95 pumps

- And it’s not a job for a frail girl

Another documentation => http://www.pyramydair.com/article/Using_a_hand_pump_May_2006/30

Regards
dcvf

Hi Marlin Baxter

Similar pumps exist for PCP rifle, they are called « multi stage pump »

See =>

After having watched the video we can say :

- It’s really very hard to reach the 3000 PSI, but not impossible

- It takes a very long time ... 95 pumps

- And it’s not a job for a frail girl

Another documentation => http://www.pyramydair.com/article/Using_a_hand_pump_May_2006/30

Regards
dcvf

Well aside from that basically the same thing has already been made aside from the difference in the way it's loaded. I also had the stupid name and how it's associated with the Snorkel but really are very difference things, I'd consider closer to scuba.

Sounds like great fun!!! Pump,pump,pump,pump,pump.... swim, dive, breathe 1-2-3... surface (without exploding your lungs)... swim... get out of water... pump,pump,pump,pump,pump,pump,pump......... go back to water...
That is just my idea of a fantastic way to spend the day.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT