• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

minimal masks

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kirehe

Apr 28, 2002
which mask would be preferred for freediving around 40-80':

sporasub samurai, cressi minima, or aqualung sphera?

I currently look to buy at samurai, but perhaps the others are better. Please help!

Kirehe, I would reccomend the Samurai: it has more available vision than the Minima, but still has very low volume. The Sphera distorts the view too much for my liking, and the plastic lens will scratch. The Samurai is actually a little smaller than some of the other look-alikes, like my OMER Abyss, which has taller lenses and a little more volume.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

me 3

It depends if you're just doing the diving for numbers thing or spearfishing, which we all know is the true and pure sport to do...;) Check out the AQA masks at Hana Appii, www.spearfishing Hawaii.

Missed a fun time last weekend Erik!

sven

I read the posts amigo; I wish I could have joined you guys. I did however have an interesting weekend....I graduated from college, got my diploma, plus Neeka flew 8000 miles unannounced to surprise me at my Mum's house! So I was kept busy this weekend, despite the absence of 10" abs, etc (keep it clean, buddy, no diving jokes either ;))
We shall meet some day dudes.
Cheers,
Erik Y. One of the 3 Eriks on DB (welcome Erik)

Hey, CONGRATS there Erik! That's a hell of an accomplishment! Graduating is also pretty neat! rofl I'm flattered you two took time out to post!

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT