• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mirmaid's First Post

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mermaid24

Mermaid26
Jul 2, 2005
I am excited to meet every one!

I have never been in any group before online at all. This is my first experience with one. I have just recently started searching the internet for other people who hold their breath and go swim under the surface as deep as they can. I just had no clue how deep or how long you all can go. I want to learn. I live near a place in New Mexico called the "Blue Hole".(Depth 82 ft) This is the place I have had so much fun doing what you guys call "freediving". I have only made it 35 ft. I was afraid that I did it until I heard that any one could do that. I would love to get to know some of you guys. Any one who could take me under a wing so to speak as far as this online group goes, I would be very greatful.
Any one show me the ropes of how to get involved here with "Deeperblue"?
Thank You ,
Mermaid24

Reactions: Dick Splash
Hiya :)
Welcome to Deeper blue, always nice to have a few more girls on board :D Well I dont think you need anyone to take you under their wing, this is a pretty freindly place on the whole; just read some of the threads and join in, ask some questions or whatever, the forums as Im sure you've noticed are split into sections, so you should find areas of the sport that interest you, the beach bar being one of my favorites :) but if you ever need any help just PM (private message) someone.
You sound a bit like me, I had been snorkelling in the Araibian gulf for years before I found out what I was actually doing was freediving! How could I have been so stupid ;) The Blue Hole sounds very exotic, you'll have to get some pictures posted!

Alison, Are you the head of this group? What all do I need to do? I think I am missing some of the things that you guys have like a picture beside your name and stuff. Let me know the apropriate customes for talking to every one. Thanks,

Reactions: Alison
image? hmm

rofl rofl rofl head of the group? Hell no I think Im the forum idiot. I have no idea what that img thing is, Im totally useless with the internet but you can change your personal setting here and add a picture (avatar) by clicking the User CP button at the top left of the page that will display a list of options that you can change at any time :)

hiya Mermaid
welcome to DB...as Alison said, always good to have a few more girls.. i am based in Dubai UAE. See you about soon!! :)

Whoa! A free-diver in New Mexico? Now that's unique. Welcome, welcome young mermaid. As to your avatar, if you would prefer a different one from the choice offered, you will have to establish a personal website (that's free on MSN) and post a picture. Once that's done you can use it to post an avatar. The only problem is that it has to be a very small picture. Notice that however hard some of us try, we haven't been able to enlarge Alison's. Sigh! And we know what we're missing! At least we think we do.

[zombie voice] Alison is our leader, all obey Alison [/zombie voice] :D

welcome mermaid24, you'll love it here... it is a very friendly place. Grab a seat at the "Beach Bar" and meet the locals :D

Merlin said:
[zombie voice] Alison is our leader, all obey Alison [/zombie voice] :D
Merlin, send me your money, send me your money, you shall obey rofl

Sadly Sarge I think since Christmas you'd be better off with my avatar :(

Reactions: Oldsarge
Alison said:
Merlin, send me your money, send me your money, you shall obey rofl

Sadly Sarge I think since Christmas you'd be better off with my avatar :(

that is a very cool avatar Alison.. where did you get that?

Merlin... you can send me some money too.. and i shall obey ;)

island_sands said:
Merlin... you can send me some money too.. and i shall obey ;)

omg.gif
omg.gif
omg.gif

Will that be cash or money order? :D

bow28.gif

Last edited:
hey mermaid.. from one mermaid to another..

i'm new here but the regulars are friendly and ALL too eager to help with anything.. also .. the search feature on the forum section will be your most invaluable resource.

-diva
:girlie

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT