• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

modification on Omer HF 110

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mariusshobo

Sep 22, 2013
Here is my last project : stiffening a HF in 110cm.
I like this gun, it can be used as it is and it has a vary decent price - 139 Euro + freight on scubastore.com.

But it is not perfect.
The stock was bending about 12 mil with 2 x 14mil small ID bands.
The handle is good but it is not stiff enough; also the link between the handle and the barrel is no absolute rigid.
The trigger has a particular long pull and I do not like it.

So I:
wraped the barrel in two layers of carbon fiber
mold the handle with epoxy putty for a better shape
wrap the handle in CF
wrap the the barrel and handle together with CF
polish the trigger to reduce the pulling distance

The result is good.
The barrel bends now only 2 mil (I guess that it needed a third layer of CF), the handle is much stiffer and the trigger pull is very short and light.
But I got a nasty flu I could not get in the water to properly test it yet on target.

Here is some pics.

Attachments

• foto2.jpg
    foto2.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 245
  • foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 200
  • foto3.jpg
    foto3.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 204
  • trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 197
  • foto4.jpg
    foto4.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 186
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT