• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Monofin for wide feet. Help!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bluewater43

Oct 14, 2017
I just received my finis competitor monofin. I have a size 13EE shoe size. The monofin I ordered was double extra large supposed to fit up to size 15 but my feet are too wide, not even close. Returning them next week. I'm planning a trip to La Paz to free dive with whale sharks. Not my first time and I know you need to haul assss to keep up with them. I plan on doing some GoPro video. I'm a strong swimmer and was a 200 butterflyer in college. I'm hoping to get some recommendations for specific model and size for my freak wide feet haha. Thanks in advance. I posted this in the equipment Forum section under fins snorkels... no response there

i used to have the same problem. Very wide feet, also size 13 and always difficulty fitting shoes. There's actually a quite simple opperation they do that i had done several years ago and I never have this problem again. They remove your pinky toe and the metatarsal bone. It has absolutely no effect on balance and my feet are normal size now. Can fit in all shoes and fins. I would consider it if I where you

Might be a bit more expensive that a finis monofin (probably cheaper than removing your pinky toe) but molchanovs makes a really good monofin, with soft enough foot pockets to use the fin recreationally, and the pockets are custom made based off of foot measurements..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT