• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mouthfill training in 2 meter deep pool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xbuster

Sep 7, 2013
Can I train deep equalization - mouthfill in 2 meter deep pool? Do I've to use reverse packing to do so? Is there any other techniques / drills?

Hang on the edge of the pool with your calves on the brink. Exhale and submerge. Hang upside down in the water. Do a mouthfill, and equalize. When pinching your nose, release your grip, so that a little air bubbles out, from the pressure of your EQ.
The challenge is to hold this position as long as possible. Continue to keep a constant pressure in your EQ while having less and less air in your mouth cavity. End up with the three different locks: T-lock, K-lock, etc.

Sendt fra min A0001 med Tapatalk

-and please be very gentle if you're practising reverse packing. It's a technique very hard on your body. Yoga and stretching can probably give the same effect, without the risks.

-and please be very gentle if you're practising reverse packing. It's a technique very hard on your body. Yoga and stretching can probably give the same effect, without the risks.

Thank you! I know only T and K locks. What is the 3rd lock?

Although I've been to 75 and back, i wasn't very aware of what I did exactly. But yes, the general idea is that you progress through the three locks, as the volume of air in your mouth gets smaller and smaller. You can try it right now, T when you have a mouthful of air, K when you have half of that, and H to use the absolute last of it

Do you mean not in the water? I've tried, can do all 3 on the couch, can't fill the difference and all of locks are working even when my cheeks completely empty...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…