• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Moving to the UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

capetownguy

Sharks Beware!
Jul 20, 2007
Hi all, moving to the UK this year after all the Visa's etc. are approved.
Don't have any experience really, so just putting myself out there as I gotta get up and going fairly shortly after I arrive there.

Greg

don't know of any jobs - but if you want to come freediving you know who to call!

www.saltfreedivers.com

where are you going to be living? what do you want to do?

Sam

Hey guys, definately gna be diving, thats for sure!
Gna be living in Wokingham area....last time i was over i was looking after a boarding kennels and training dogs every day....did that for 2 years.....
at the moment here in SA im working for a financial advisor, doing taxes, sending and completing forms for clients, answering phones....im pretty much a bit#h :)

There would be plenty of work in the finance industry here in Guernsey?

I got no qualifications.......so its kinda tough....
I wouldn't mind living at the coast! my nightmares of only seeing the beach once a month will be over!
another reason we going to stay in the Wokingham area is that its close to London where there are so many of my friends from SA already....
Im sure it'll all work out tho....i just have to be patient :)

Sounds good. I knew a guy called Paul Carpenter (I worked for his wife) when I was there in 2002, I think he said he was a member of some London Club. He was more into octopush than spearfishing tho.

The west countrys the place to be mate :t good ale, good surf, good diving and loose women (as long as you don't mind webbed hands and 3 nipples of course.) rofl

hehehe....sounds..um...great! 3 nipples ey....presumably theres alot of triplets being born there :) haha

Thats definately where i would have preferred to be......and if my uncle were staying in that part, its where i would have been...
Im just going to have to have a holiday every month :) how far is Cornwall from Reading?

Reading to Cornwall (for example Looe) is about 3 hours if you have no problems on motorway (M4 then M5) I live off junction 8/9 of the M4 and it took me 3 and a half hours from there to Looe just a couple of weeks ago. Reading is junction 11 of the M4!

I'm in Cornwall - about 5 hours from Reading

no webbed hands and last time I checked only 2 nipples (although my cousin was born with 3!)

Westcountry Girl

Girl, nipples, 2? yeah! hahahaha
Well thats not a long trip....from Cape Town to Knysna is 5 and a half hours driving 140kph...
Guess im gna be visiting Cornwall often then :) Reason being....apparently you have the best viz and waves...

Hope you get a well paid job mate as the petrol will cost a far bit to get to the best bits of Cornwall and back from Reading.:head:head But I’ll tell you what it’s more than worth it, one of the finest places in the world is the bottom end of Cornwall you’ll love it.:):):)

Reactions: Mr. X
yup - I live right down the far end and can verify it is indeed one of the finest places in the world - but unfortunately Podge is also right the petrol will cost a fortune .... we're thinking about reverting to horse and cart the fuel prices are so insane now...

Reactions: podge
Ya well.....its no different here...petrol has gone up so much! the price has doubled in the past year....

Convert to veg oil... much cheaper! lol just fundng my switch at present.. don't forget the cracking diving in Dorset too... not quite as far but jst as nice. Wouldn't like to comment on the women as the other half may read this!
Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT