• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mundial 90 cm Roller Conversion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PakiBoy

Jul 3, 2017
Aloha My Braddahs and Sistahs,

I've searched through the threads looking for this answer, and haven't found a whole lot that relates specifically (a lot of generally's, no specificilly's) to my question.

I have an old 90 cm beuchat mundial sitting around. It was my friends gun, he moved back to the mainland and gave it to me. I have a lot of friends from the service that come and stay with me and I usually hand that gun to them as a loaner. The old rubbahs finally snapped, and no one on island carries the euro rubbahs/shipping new ones here is pretty damn expensive....SO

I've resolved to do one of two things:
a.) get the hammerhead open muzzle conversion kit.
OR
Find out what all the rage is about and
b.) get the pathos roller conversion kit.

My concern is that the trigger mech may not be able to handle the increased tension of a roller set up
AND/OR
Accuracy may become an issue.
I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap, as a brand new pathos r is about 500 bucks.

Any suggestions?

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Paki Boy

Aloha My Braddahs and Sistahs,

I've searched through the threads looking for this answer, and haven't found a whole lot that relates specifically (a lot of generally's, no specificilly's) to my question.

I have an old 90 cm beuchat mundial sitting around. It was my friends gun, he moved back to the mainland and gave it to me. I have a lot of friends from the service that come and stay with me and I usually hand that gun to them as a loaner. The old rubbahs finally snapped, and no one on island carries the euro rubbahs/shipping new ones here is pretty damn expensive....SO

I've resolved to do one of two things:
a.) get the hammerhead open muzzle conversion kit.
OR
Find out what all the rage is about and
b.) get the pathos roller conversion kit.

My concern is that the trigger mech may not be able to handle the increased tension of a roller set up
AND/OR
Accuracy may become an issue.
I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap, as a brand new pathos r is about 500 bucks.

Any suggestions?

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Paki Boy
I believe your fears of the roller conversion are unfounded. On both counts. I've done several conversions, and never had a problem. Have fun!

Reactions: Mr. X
I would see if the existing muzzle has a hole that can accept one or two rubbers. If two, 2x14mm rubbers is a classic combination for Hawaii. If one, then 1x16mm or 1x18mm would be my suggestion. Use dyneema wishbones and, if necessary, smooth and polish your spear notches to avoid damaging the dyneema. Spearitco.com in the USA sell fresh bulk rubber, etc.

Failing that, yes some other double open muzzle sounds like a good idea. I bought one of the Cressi Pacific double open muzzles - which I really liked the look of - in a sale for around £11-£13.50 (I opted for the slightly more experensive magnetic version, just to try it out), in case my roller speargun's muzzle displeased me.

What diameter spear do you have? For a single 90cm roller (or twin 16mm rubbers) 6.5-7.5mm is probably in the ballpark (6.7mm or 7mm would be be my choice) . I would suggest using 14mm rubbers (very fashionable worldwide currently but long popular in Hawaii I believe), failing that 16mm rubbers.

Reactions: musubi
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT