• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

music in the water

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cureperry

Aug 25, 2004
Is there any type of music player that can dive with me because I really want to be able to listen to some music on my dive , especially since I picked up the new cd while working at UMG. Please let me know!!!

Reactions: mishu1984
I have not tried it, but I have heard good things about waterproof music, for surface sports at least (swimming, surfing, etc). They sell waterproof headphones and cases for mp3 players (or other audio devices). Not sure how they handle pressure...

Yea I've been wanting to do this for a long while so I e-mailed those people.

"The headphones are suitable for use down to only 10 feet.
After that the pressure is too great in your ear drums. For mp3 listening at greater depths, we recommend the H2Audio player being sold by Oceanic.They have bone conduction technology that allows deeper dives."

This Thing Looks Phat!

:D

Singing in the Shower?

Maybe it is just me but......

1) The AM/FM Snorkels are interesting but, obviously :duh only good on the surface. The frequencies that AM/FM use don't penetrate water too well. Besides FM doesn't do well anyway penetrating things/bending to follow the curves of the earth. That is why it is difficult to get FM radio more than 50-60 miles away from the transmitter.

2) As for the MP3 at depth, interesting concept but.... I personally would MUCH rather hear the alarm on my computer telling me that ppo2 is getting a little high or that No-Deco was drawing to a close than to hear Jimmy Hendrix whalin away on his guitar.... Not to mention the growl of the approaching boat as I was on my way up.... :head

To me, it just sort of seems a little like talking on the cell-phone while driving... :hmm Probably nothing will happen but, if it does, you are REALLY hosed.....

Bret

That's because you're a "tankback" (if I may borrow this expression from sinkweight :)) and have too much equipment to handle with anyway. ;)

Neener!

Originally posted by DeepThought
That's because you're a "tankback" (if I may borrow this expression from sinkweight :)) and have too much equipment to handle with anyway. ;)

:martial :blackeye

8-p <phhhhht!>

rofl

music underwater

Hello Buddies,

I do listen to music from a normal MP3 player while diving..!!

Here is what you need to make it yourself:-

1- Normal MP3 player c/w headphones.
2- Soft plastic container for diving (water tight).
3- BCD repair epoxy (that adhesive stuff you use to repair your BCD)

Here is what you need to do

1- Cover the part of the headphones that you put in your ears with the Epoxy, to make it water tight.
2- Make a small hole in the soft plastic diving container and pass the headphones jack through, then seal the hole around the headphones wire with the epoxy.
3- Put the MP3 player inside the soft plastic container, seal it and inflate it a little bit to over come the water pressure at planed depth.

Trust me it works fine. (Tested until 30mt)

or you go and buy the real one for underwater for 450$-650$

http://www.andybudd.com/archives/2004/06/underwater_mp3_player/

Reactions: DeepThought
i dont know if its just me, but most people i know, including myself, freedive/scuba to get away from all that noise..just a thought....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT