• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mutton anyone?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aquiles

King of the Kup KK04'
Sep 19, 2001
Well My Vacation from hell was great as the pictures will show. I had a blast. It is amazing how much living you can pack into two weeks. I got to fish with guys from school and I had the honor of fishing with the great Jay Styron . Here is some evidence of the events!

Attachments

• big dogs.jpg
    big dogs.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 470
I still don't believe this!

Attachments

• jay n mutn.jpg
    jay n mutn.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 465
Reactions: fuzz
read in Cartman's voice...

"Here Mr. Mutton. Please let me shoot you so the Qban and Jay will think I'm cool...NO MUTTON! dONT SWIM TO JAY! DAMMIT MUTTON SNAPPER!"

Good work boys. Save me just one please.
Guess I will have to go get a tuna or wahoo or something to make myself feel better.;)

Just to keep on pouring the can of whup ass here are some more

Attachments

• big groupern i.jpg
    big groupern i.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 430
mutton

instant classic guys!!!!
How much did the biggest one go? how deep were you? can we get a report on that trip, if it ain't a hassel.
:)

I find those muttons by the way they swim. I can sense them with my acute sense of hearing. Those ears are sponsored by apelco. They wanted me to help dolphins find mines and stuff on cruise ships and I had to turn them down!

Attachments

• ears.jpg
    ears.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 427
Shock and Awe!

Attachments

• smilin jay.jpg
    smilin jay.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 407
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! These are just the pictures of Team Flaco, trainin in the tropics for next.....KK04

Aquiles
:cool:

The trip was in Key largo, last week. We were in 65 to 75 feet of water(fsw) for the technical folks. I will try and recap the events in a story when I get a chance. I almost got whacked by a reef shark on this trip so, I will try and make it interesting without embellishing too much. The biggest of the muttons was about 15 pounds. They were all mostly over ten.

hi

Aquiles in your 3rd set of pics theres some sort of a Mackeral on the ground would you be able to tell me what type, how big :cool:

cheers

Nice fishes guys. I wanted to be there. ! ! !

I like the little dolphin. They are always looks more cool and majestic.

Ivan,

That is a king mackarel. That is the picture with the big grouper right? We call them kingfish here in south florida. They are skittish and hard to shoot. This one was caught on hook and line. We shoot them every once and a while.

Aquiles

We went yesterday to try this new lake and took a friend of ours from underwater hockey with us for his first attempt at frediving.

We had a great time and spent almost 5 hours in the water. Mostly we shot crappie, bluegill and other pan fish, but Ted just had to take a shot at this big ol' carp that he saw.

Our buddy, Jurgen, decided that he was going to make his wife cook it up, rather than just smoke them like we usually do.

Last edited:
Some fo the fish did their best to try and hide from Ted and his new magic speargun.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: andrsn
hi

Yeah thanks Aquiles looks to be a 25-30lber.

cheers

hi

Jon the Vis in your last pic looks greener than our rainforest. Man I thought our 15ft costal vis took the award for the muddiest water but that is extreme :D

cheers

:duh

I posted this under the wrong thread. :duh :duh :duh

Reactions: unirdna
Originally posted by ivan
hi

Yeah thanks Aquiles looks to be a 25-30lber.

cheers

Actually Ivan, it's more about 15-18lbs. Aquiles has the luxury of having fish look huge for his poses. :D I'm 6'1 and have about 45lbs on the qban. :blackeye My fish always look relatively smaller, even if we're holding the same fish! :D

Plus, Aquiles will only tell you the gutted weight. :t (dark KK03 humor)

A

hi

He He cmon Ando you spoiled Aquiles and my fun I thought it was bigger than that, guess thats the pleasure of being a little fella eh :cool: Errr wait a minute Aquiles is probably not small its just that your big I bet im smaller than him anyways :D

Off Topic but do you guys get Green Jobfish in Florida ???

cheers

No, Ivan we don't. Just Joe Blobfish. :D rofl

Sorry.. more dark humor. :t

A

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT