• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My first freediving lesson

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
HI Guys.....

well today I had the wonderful experience of my first official freedive... now I know what you are all on about.... it's crazy, exciting, a rush, so free, silent, peaceful...
i loved it..

I did my lesson with Cali Johnston, she is great and a load of fun, she made things look so easy, and I was surprised how much and how deep I could actually go for my first time..

Scuba is great but freediving is a totally different ball game... wow! I feel like I have just lost my virgin**y... again!

the beauty of doing it here in Cayman is the visibility and there are no currents, it's like pool practice.

well take care,
Sara-Lise:inlove

Good fpr you Lise....we keep telling people this stuff, but not everyone gets it, which is fine. Glad you're a true believer! It helps to have someone of Cali's Canadian calibre in competition to completely capture the colourful and captivating Cayman carbon dioxide-loading freediving experience :)
Carpe Diem!
Erik Y.

SCUBA? forget SCUBA!

Again and again,

People won't believe us, but Freediving is definite better than Scubadiving!

Klaas:wave

where in the caymans does Cali Johnston teach?

aquiles and i are heading there in july, and it'd be cool to hook up w/ some other freedivers.

welcome to the silent world, island sands :D

andrsn

Yeah I learned to freedive from Cali too, she is great. Also plan on going back to Grand Cayman's and Dive Tech in September to take the Master Class. Hope to get to 100 feet.
I had the same experience, was amazed how I was getting down to 50 plus feet after 2 days of classes.

My understanding is that Dan and Cali have left Divetech and have started a new venture for freediving.

They can be reached as follows:

Dan Hodgins
tekdvdan@candw.ky
Instructor Trainer
Seaview Divers Ltd.
P.O. Box 260 GT
345 945-0577
Grand Cayman BWI

aquiles and i just got back from grand cayman. we took the master freediving course w/ cali and had a blast except i had to deal w/ a nasty sinus infection. but, i still got through the course. i'll be writing an article on it, of course w/ stephan's permission.

by the way, canadians rock!! :D we had the best time diving and partying w/ everyone. cali, ken, dan, and tara were incredible people and dragged us around w/ them everywhere. we also dove w/ the caymanian freedive team, too. daniel miller(cayman team) dove w/ us during our cert. dives and partied w/ us that night to celebrate 3pb's, including his. :D

by the way cliff, dan and tara, not cali, split away from divetech and are starting their own venture w/ seaview, which is on the southwest part of the island next to sunset house.

anyways, i'm sure we'll be sharing stories w/ everyone throughout the forums soon, so stay tuned.

later,
anderson

Anderson,

Welcome Back! Look forward to reading about the Caymans and Cali's class.

Scott

wow! I feel like I have just lost my virgin**y... again!
[/B]

I have been looking for a quote that explains how I feel about freediving...Think I found it :D

Take care and dive safe...

David

hi andersn and aquiles

you will know me..... because i was with you at Divetech! small world huh?
glad to see you guys got back safe....

hope to see you again.
take care all.
:)
btw David... i think losing my virginity didn't feel as good as freediving!! lol!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT