• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

my first striped bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BlueH20Freak

Jul 29, 2009
hey guys, nailed my first bass the other day in about 20ft of water with my riffe metal tech 2. im so hooked this is the best sport on earth.

6576_138366817017_671022017_3311853.jpg

09-2.jpg

Excellent fish, can you tell us some details about the catch?

Nice fish man Congrats on that i am not sure if there is bass fish in here UAE!!!

All best catching bigger fish in future...

Good size fish mate. The bass I get don't have stripes. Where did the spear enter the fish? is that a hole just next to the fin?

how do you eat your bass, thats a fine bass. I eat mine raw, don't laugh(when in rome) or fried in butter and garlic with w. wine.

Excellent fish, can you tell us some details about the catch?

ah pretty much walked into the water about 200 yards down the beach from where everyone was swimming, was in the water for about 20 minutes and he just swam right by me haha

Good size fish mate. The bass I get don't have stripes. Where did the spear enter the fish? is that a hole just next to the fin?

just behind the pectoral

how do you eat your bass, thats a fine bass. I eat mine raw, don't laugh(when in rome) or fried in butter and garlic with w. wine.

ive been cooking them on the grill with lemon and butter but i really wanna try sushi

We have no striper bass in the Hall of Fame. Do you know what your fish weighed? If you do would you like it entered? If not, how about weighing your next one? Hall of Fame link is below if you haven't looked at what it is.

Nice catch by the way.

Dave.

Nice first Striper... congrats! Perfect size for eating too!

Cheers,
Claudio

Nice fish. I wonder if we could get DEFRA to introduce the stripped bass to British waters?:D I came across a website some time ago with articles on spearing stripped bass (off MA perhaps?). Seemed like they had pretty poor visibility (maybe like SE Britain) and so were using short, powerful guns - I think one guy was using something like a 70cm RA with double bands and a thick spear.

Last edited:
Looks great! Congratulations!!!!
I also got my first bass back in June in Rhode Island since coming to US. Usually one drops to bottom and then waits out for them - that's how I got the first one. Scratching shells also helps to attract. Quite often they come from behind you so you should always look back before going back up. Sut sometimes you bump into them during descent - that's how I got the second one I shot him when dropping and it turned out to be a kill shot. Usually they fight fiercely. It is advised to cut out read meat before cooking them. They are a bit dry to my taste, but tasty!

Nice striper man. Looks like a nice place you live, east or west coast?
Weather looks great too!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT