• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new gun...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
ok, here is my new gun....

Abellan denton.
Img2_0005.jpg

Img2_0006.jpg

Img2_0007.jpg

Img2_0008.jpg

Img2_0010.jpg

Img2_0019.jpg

Img2_0021.jpg

Img2_0023.jpg

Hi Memo,
that gun is awesome!!!
How long is it? What kind of wood? Teak?

the gun is 106cm double 18 with a 7mm shaft.. The wood is mahagony I guess..

The wood is mahogany of the Sipo variety just like the totems.

Handle has been developed by Giorgio Dapiran from olympic shooting pistols.

An amazing gun if ever i saw one ;)

Congrats Memo

hhhaaha thanks brother, If there is one guy who helped me to get that beauty, its SHANE!!!!!!

Hiya

LOVERLY!!!!!!!

I really aught to get me a one like that!!!

Regards
miles

Dude wait till you see shane's!!!!! I think his gun will be in your league :D (hopefully I will get one from that one aswell...)

god mercy to Dentex :blackeye very nice tool memo.

is there specific reason why you preffered abellan denton over sjedi? or you just toss the coin rofl

Nice, on a related note -- I received my PAL90 from Teak-Sea and it's nothing short of gorgeous!

I'll give it a little write up/review when I've done some rather extensive testing once the water warms up a couple of degrees.
All I've seen so far in the forums about these guns seems to be friends of Teak-Sea attempting to sway people's buying decision towards them, does anybody actually have one or know anyone who's tested them out yet?

Roll on Spring!

I tried it yesterday and man its balanced!!!! with short twin 18s the recoil is almost none and it really really shoots well.

The reason I did not choose superjedi.... Because they are different.. The design, manufacturing, lamination... And I love Victor's work.

HI paddythefrog,
can you post some pictures of your new gun? A link will be also fine. I never saw one of these...

Memo,

Does your 106cm gun with 18 bands has similar range compared to the 120cm tahiti with 16mm bands? Which one has better tracking and range? This should be interesting long gun with thinner bands vs shorter gun with thicker bands..

The denton with twin short 18s has lower recoil than tahiti 120 with 18s. The accuracy of tahiti with 16s is very similar to denton's with 18s but with both rubber denton tracks better.

The range is more or less 6m, with double wrap shooting line, it pulls line from reel like crazy... so I am pretty sure that it can whack a decent fish over 5.5m

it sounds good memo, when will you test it on some dentex or AJ? Few video clip will be awesome :p :p

I already dived it 2 times but still looking for a cool fish. I hope this weekend I can find one...

Congratulations Memo !
Glad you have a nice new woodie !

It looks sweet - I'll wait for a video or two - hopefully with the dentones !

Ed

Ed the videos will take a bit of time to arrive as my camera flooded in Ibiza and i have sent it back to Sony to get it replaced.

I whacked a real nice Sheepshead bream this morning of around 3 kilos.

We will post some pics soon

Will respond to your PM on pescasub soon

Shane

You bet, I'll give it a thread with some photo's and post back with my own opinions once I get into the water for some testing.

Sweet Memo, seems like we're just spoilt for choice these days with all the fancy products on the market ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT