• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new Rabitech Stealth 120 Carbon!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The trigger.

Attachments

• rabitech trigger.jpg
    rabitech trigger.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 514
Hey, The metal band around trigger and head is the same as the Marc Valentin Carbon guns...

b-e-a-utiful!

I'm getting misty-eyed ulua, you must be so proud. :) They are awesome guns, very well made and sturdy. Mine was a little hard to load at first too, but I also have never used or owned a gun I had to chest-load. On that note, my breastbone is still sore! I am going to get mamasan down at the tailor shop to sew a mouse pad or something in my thin 1mm wetsuit to save my delicate chest. ;) That being said, I'm also only 5'7", so being short doesn't help with relatively long guns. But once I got the technique down after a try or two, it was very easy. After my first try, I thought I might need to use a hacksaw and file to make a small rest tab, but like I said, its easy once you try it a couple of times. Plus, if I made the mod to the shaft it would weaken it, so I just grin and bear-ed it. Good luck with that thing man, please keep posting pics of your bloody adventures! Shootz dude.

Matt

Thanks Murat, Rolando. I'm looking forward to seeing Ulua's future pics. I love spearing in Hawaii, I miss it. Have fun ulua!

Dreamin of big fish

Hey guys. Givin it another go this weekend, hittin some deeper water. Hopefully will have some cool pics to post in a day or two. Right now I'm just chillin to some Hawaiian music (Ka'au Crater Boys and the like), missin Oahu.

Tomorrow is Friday here, will be headin out after work with the bossman, then all day Sat and Sun. We got all the spots planned out, just hopin weather will cooperate. It looks like it will, though, which is good. Okay, you should here from me in a few days. Wish us luck!! ;)

Fish report

This past weekend was fun, but I didn't shoot any fish. Saturday the vis was pretty bad where we dove, and my dive buddy lost his shaft to a big fish (he thinks it was an ulua, but isn't sure). Sunday we dove a huge pier used by merchant vessels, but luckily there were no ships moored to it. It was really cool diving under and around that massive structure, with the shadows and eerie metal-groaning sounds it was a bit spooky, but still cool. We saw several large uluas and mokabus, but they wouldn't let us get close enough for a shot. I took one shot, the only shot of the weekend for me, at a 20-22lb ulua, but he was just out of range. Oh well, it was still fun.

But today, I ducked out of work around 4:30pm, and was in the water a little after 5. I only had about 30 minutes of usable daylight left, and the vis was a poor 10 ft. I did manage to score some dinner, though...a mokabu and a goatfish. There were several large uhus checking me out, but between the poor vis and my damn mask foggin up every 60 seconds (I was too focused on getting in the water I forgot to defog my mask), I wasn't able to take a shot at 'em. So anyway, here's the pics. (the "yum-yum" as iyadiver likes to say):p

Attachments

• me and fish.jpg
    me and fish.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 437
they're no ono or mahi-mahi, but I still ate a very tasty dinner! Not sure what type of goatfish this is, maybe a blackspot goatfish, but he was real good. I ate much of the mokabu raw, broiled the rest. :p

Attachments

• fishsink.jpg
    fishsink.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 416
another fishie report

Ducked out of work early again for some spearing. I shot a nice uhu, but no pics since I cleaned him down at the sea wall. My boss shot an 8lb mokabu, which is a very good size, but it tore off his shaft. He followed it a while as it was severely injured and he didn't want it to go to waste...but due to terrible vis and a quickly setting sun he lost it. Maybe we will find him tomorrow. Unfortunately, there is another typhoon headed our way...they say it will miss us, but every time they say that the damn things grind right over us! And its a 3-day weekend! :head If we luck out, a few of us are gonna spear all weekend, and I will hopefully have some more exciting pictures to post.

I gotta say, I'm very fortunate to be here on this b-e-a-utiful island where I can enjoy great diving (and lovely typhoons) any day of the week. This is great! :cool:

Originally posted by cece
Hey, The metal band around trigger and head is the same as the Marc Valentin Carbon guns...

Hey Cece

Do you know any links to site where one can see Marc Valentin Carbon? I remember the Valentins standard barrel being really popular in Greece in early 90's, and am curious on carbon version.

Nice fish Lutz hope next foto will be with big Ulua;)

Has anyone shot a Picasso Vs a Rabitech?

I own the carbon Fiber Apex.

I like the apex though I've never shot picasso.

Sumora promises next-day air (which they do) but sometimes they just send out the package late.

Craig is very helpful.

Last edited:
Rabitech vs Picasso

Hi guys

The Rabitechs have been very well received in Australasia and are getting rave reviews from everyone who uses them. Thus far in the States, most of our guns have been sold in Florida and we have had excellent feedback as well. General comments have been about the accuracy and power of the guns versus other competitor products.

As regards late shipping, our policy is to ship the goods within 48hrs of order placement. Where we haven't achieved this goal, please accept my sincerest apologies, we are improving all the time!

Successful Diving

Craig Heslop
Logistics Director
Sumora
(USA distributors for Rabitech)
www.sumora.com

Hi LutzSpearo,

I had the same problem with the chest loading!

what I did is I had a friend's old wetsuit and i just cut it to pieces and padded the back of my 5 guns, then I tied it tightly with kevlar string and burned all the loose ends from the string and wetsuit!

nice pics by the way!

be careful of ciguatera in those reef fish!

Rabitech guns are nice. But their(sumora) delivery is SO SLOW. I pay for priority mail(and i get it), BUT It is not sent out for 2 weeks!!! or more! Headlands, I had the same problem 2 weeks late delivery!!! This has to change!! It takes so long to get the package out, i don't even want to place orders cause i won't get it until next summer.

Same problem with sumora

Yeah, I have ordered somethong couple of days ago and tried to contact Sumora via e-mail or phone and so far no response. Does anybody know if there is something thats holding them back right now?

Rabitech vs Picasso

Hi every one, Just to answer the question EEZerik asked:

"Has anyone shot a Picasso Vs a Rabitech?"

I own a number of guns including the Rabitech Apex 130 as well as the Picasso Carbono 110.

To start with, I know I am not comparing apples to apples as the length of both guns are different. Never the less here are some of my comments.

- The Picasso Carbono is by far better balanced in the water than the Rabitech - My Rabi 130 is bit heavy on the front.

- Picasso handle is slightly longer and wider than the Rabi. Picasso actually supplies an optional handle that is wider than the standard. A great plus for those of you with big hands. Having mentioned that the Rabi 130 is heavy on the front end and the handle being short, i find it a bit tough on my wrist as there is not enough leverage to lift the front end.

- The Rabi Apex has a thicker barrel and more mass! this means less recoil compared to the Picasso when powered up.

- The Rabi Apex has a much heavier duty construction compared to the Picasso, for example the SS ring under the muzzle for the shooting line on the Rabi Apex is much tougher than the wire loop on the Picasso.

- The Muzzle and the rail on the Rabi adds to the accuracy of the shot and allows for longer shots compared to the Picasso.

- the spear/shaft on the Rabi is by far superior to that of the Picasso. Picasso has a standard SS shaft as opposed to the high strength heat treated shaft of the Rabi. Furthermore, the flopper on the Rabi is larger and of a thicker gauge than that of the Picasso.

In general, both are excellent and well-built guns, each having their own time and place for use. I usually take both guns out, and while diving on reefs I use the Picasso for fish up to 25 Kg (note: I have landed 35 Kg fish with it though). When diving deep and open water dives and targeting LARGER fish I use the Rabi Apex 130.!!!

Hope this helps

Regards

Nesim

Cymeryss

Cymeryss, I think Russell has been out of town--what did you order?

Cheers,

Erik

Sumora Shipping Problems Resolved

Hi all

We have been experiencing problems with distribution at Sumora which has resulted in some frustrated customers and a very frustrated owner! I have made some big changes and recruited a young, keen diver by the name of Erik Sun in LA, to help with distribution.

I am confident that this move will improve our customer service 100% and ensure that you get your Rabitech on time, every time.

If you have any queries, please contact me on: craig@sumora.com or erik on: erik@sumora.com

Safe diving

Craig Heslop

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT