• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My New Spearing Boat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hiya

Just got my "new" boat. Spent all night on friday and saturday sorting it out for spearing. Spec's are as follows:
15' Ski-cat
2x50hp Mariners, Autolube 2 strokes, electric start, trim and tilts

Regards
miles

Attachments

• born wild side view db.jpg
    born wild side view db.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 864
Reactions: Amphibious
Picture from the rear showing motors and swim platform.

Attachments

• born wild rear motors db.jpg
    born wild rear motors db.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 824
Console with Garmin 72 GPS, Lowrance X75 echo, icom vhf radio.

Attachments

• born wild console with instruments db.jpg
    born wild console with instruments db.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 751
Top deck

Attachments

• born wild top deck db.jpg
    born wild top deck db.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 716
Anchor hatch with end of rope attached to bouy. Easy to just drop the bouy overboard when boat is on anchor, should a need arise to pick up divers quickly.........normally big shark in the area!!! Much easy to simply dump all the rope and bouy than to struggle to pull in the anchor. Also very easy for my girlfriend to pick us up if the boat is on anchor.

Attachments

• born wild anchor hatch db.jpg
    born wild anchor hatch db.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Hatch under gunnel for extra guns. Accomodates 4-6 gund per side. Biggest being a 115cm gun. Keeps the deck unclutered. Guns that is in use is kept in U-shaped brackets on the SS bar at the back of the boat.

Attachments

• born wild gun hatch db.jpg
    born wild gun hatch db.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 646
Sweet!

I really like the side & S-bar storage for the spearguns - keeps things safe ;)

Post pics from the maiden voyage :D

COOL! Thats one hell of a mean machine! I loved the little storage places in the 2nd and 3rd picture. It should be very tidy while you are cruising ;)

and yes the rabi apexs on top of that bar looks AWESOME! :D

Front View

Attachments

• born wild front view db.jpg
    born wild front view db.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 614
I think that kind of bottom design will outperform even your rib in the harsh cape waters ;) Happy hunting with it :D

Thanx guys!!!! Bad weather, 4m swell on friday, 40km/h wind today has kept me landbound. Will take her out this afternoon, just to see how she handles the ruff stuff:D :D

Okay, now only problem i have is to get a graphic done on the side of the boat. Was thinking of getting a nice picture of a GW on the side. Sort of like Bruce in Finding Nemo. (only appropriate that i use a GW shark, as they seem to have an unwelcomed attraction to me and my mates:eek: )

Any idea???

Regards
miles

Hiya Murat

Made of fibre-glass. Will be registered for 15nm (about 27km's). Generally a inshore boat. A wee bit too small for off-shore use. Legally bound to operate a vessel of this size with-in 15nm of the coast.

Regards
miles

Congrats on the boat, I bet dreams have been filling you head about this and what is great there about to come true. Hope all goes as planned and the waters are calm when launch time comes arouind.

Have fun with your new toy,
Justin

Yes, yes, yes! Two motors for backup, anchor line on buoy, storage . . . beautiful, jes' beauty-full! Gee, and I'll be in RSA this August . . . but clear up in Kwa-Zulu Natal with the other kind of gun. Pity. But then, my partner doesn't dive anyway, so I'll just keep this in mind for the day (some day) when I'm ready for my own.

Hiya

Thanx for the kind words:eek:
Took the boat out for a little test run. Fresh North Wester blowing with a very small swell. Runs beautifully with 5 on board into a choppy sea. Was very dry, but became drenched when running a beam sea, with a beam wind :D

Regards
miles

Attachments

• boat pic3.jpg
    boat pic3.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 458
Some action pic's. Camera man was a bit hopeless, so please forgive him !!!!:D :D :D

Attachments

• boat pic1.jpg
    boat pic1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 439
And another..............

Attachments

• boat pic2.jpg
    boat pic2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 453
Awesome! its beautiful! :D

ps: Are you the guy with white T' ?? :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT