• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new spearing videos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Guys,

I have been working hard with Fernando Abella from www.pescasub.com getting my new videos uploaded.

in the download section of that site you will be able to see a few of my latest catches and misses with a number of my guns.

This was all filmed with my sony T1 camera

Please feel free to download these from there.

You will require a DIVX codec to see them as they have been compressed to AVI format

Shane

really nice!!!

hope to see a new Gibbosus....

Last edited:
Mikko, unfortunately yes. But its a simple to do registration. Registration and vids are free though after you have registered

Shane

the AJ one would have been nice if it was gun mounted - missed a lot of the aspetto view.

nice vids shane, look forward to more!

Hey Shaca:
very nice videos! The sound makes them very real and it feels like being in the action.

Saludos
Roberto

Yeah, and I'm quite surprised about the difference of sound beteen your mamba and your Tahiti...

The Tahiti makes more of a THUD where as the Mamba (remember its a thin alluminum tube filled with compressed air) makes a PING sound.

Its amazing how different the gun sounds to me also as my hood muffles the sound a lot.

ohhh!!! seems my post dissapeared in one day :hmm

anyway good videos shane. I hope the waters over there is not green all the time. I never doved in green water here...

Those AJs seemed out of range to me, even for your tahiti. I see no fault with you aiming in the second AJ video according to the aim you should get it from the tail :)

Shacaluga Productions presents the world premier of "The Gibraltar Stalker!"

Great to see the videos Shane, and the conditions in which you dive in, is it normally that visibility?

Adrian

The water here changes in hours.

The med and the atlantic dont like to play ball and they cause all sorts of things under the surface. One day its clear and the other its GREEN.

Murat, if the gun mount was not there i would have hit the fish np

It realy affected the shot

I was aiming well but just not hitting the target.

We will see what we come up with

very cool videos...
I am sorry that I didnt do what I promised, my brother is had to go out of town for a week because of his job so he couldnt open the frp server.
I sew that you found a way to upload them, cool video bring them on.
something else that I notice was the sound of the mamba it is even more quiet than the bands speargun, very nice mybe my next gun will be like that,
in israel we dont have even one mamba. so nobody no how well this gun works.

shane do you think that maybe adding some sort of balast system to balance your gun would help to counteract the effect of the camera mount?

also to those spearos outhter who have a somewhat more advanced knowledge on remote recording, would it be possible to set something up where the camera and housing would be strapped to the spearos back, and the lens to be umbilically linked to it and placed on the head or the gun itself, Fear Factor kind of thing??

i got the impression that mamba is not more silent that band guns....At least from wood ones :)

Mamba makes a bit more noise than wooden guns. The tahiti is even more noisy than the pelagos.
I have found the mamba 90 to make more noise than the 115. 90 sounds like a revolver :D

There are a few more of my vids in the pescasub.com site.

If any of you want to be included in my international Video mailing list, please PM me your email address.

Ensure it can take mails up to 10MB

Shane

I tried that big mamba and believe me its a BEAST!!! I shot a grouper from 4.5m or so and it stayed on the line!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT