• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My son's new 48" shooter

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

stoneshot

Custom Speargun Builder
Aug 20, 2005
My son has been showing some interest in spearfishing lately, so I had some parts from customer retrofits and I built him a little 48". The barrel is made of glass layered polymer as is the grip and kill spike line retention housing. The rest such as loading butt and trigger are from a Seahornet retrofit. Right now he can pull back a 5/8" band so I made a bushing with a inside diameter of 1/2" for a 1/2" band. I can pop out the bushing as he gets used to loading and stronger. It shoots a 5/16" 48" shaft. It can be quickly set up to freeshaft or line shaft given the kill spike line retention housing's shape. His birthday is in December, I will give it to him then, he thinks it is for a customer! rofl

Attachments

• speedster4.jpg
    speedster4.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 242
  • speedster2.jpg
    speedster2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 226
  • speedster3.jpg
    speedster3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 236
  • speedster1.jpg
    speedster1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 240
Is that a Walther P99 polymer pistol frame!? :martial

I don't know much about spearguns, but I've never even heard of a spearo using firearm parts (except for bullets in powerheads) on a gun. Have you ever used other firearm parts for your creations?

Great eye, yes the grip is based on a P99, it even has a weighted magazine for ballasting the gun. No, it is not actually from a P99 I made a mold of one, cast it in plaster then had to trick it out so it would work as a speargun grip,then made another mold of that,then cast it out of high strength polymer. I chose the P99 because of how comfortable it is in my hand.

Here is another pic of my son's gun next to a custom rig that is being sent to a customer in Costa Rica. As you can see my son's little speedster is dwarfed by the huge tuna gun. It think that he is going to freak!

Attachments

• Speedster&Tribal4JPG.JPG
    Speedster&Tribal4JPG.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Speedster&Tribal3JPG.JPG
    Speedster&Tribal3JPG.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Speedster&Tribal5JPG.JPG
    Speedster&Tribal5JPG.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 260
That's custom alright... :cool:

Hey, how about a gun with a tritium-based reflex sight (no batteries needed) which can be mounted on top of the gun with a Picatinny rail? Not sure how the reticle would look u/w though...OK, I'll put down the Soldier of Fortune mag now... :hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT