• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

need a buddy for miami area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

albatrox83

Jul 1, 2013
Hello, I am looking for a spearfishing buddy I go out weekdays 9 to 5 pm roughly out of Dinner key marina in coconut grove I have a boat there. I am not a complete newbie but I dont know the area that well. looking for a buddy that can go out in the same days/times. PM me if interested, thanks.

do you have bluewater/pelagic spearfishing equipment? I will be visiting next week, but i will be in the keys. i have a boat there to use.

Hi, no bluewater experience or equipment sorry...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

what is the longest gun you have? It might be workable. I also may be able to convince a friend to lend me a pretty big gun, but that is not for sure. ARe you experienced in the water at least with freediving and spearfishing reef fish? Do you you know how to drive the boat while other divers are in the water (we drift fish. This will be exclusively wahoo hunting trip, with perhaps a short stop at a deep reef (60ft) to hunt grouper if the wahoo thing isn't working.

There are wahoo out right now though so i expect to find them

Have a 75 cressi with two bands, 125 feet floatline, might work but have never speared in the blue. I usually dive to 30ft, 40 would be pushing it. Yeah I can drive a boat no problem there. I wouldnt want to be a drag being a total newbie in the deep but hey it might work out. Which days are you going out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thurs and friday. a 75 cm gun is far too short though for wahoo. the diving isn't very difficult since they tend to be at a depth of only 20-40 ft when you see them.
its more the hunting, where you have to have a good breathold to stay at their depth when you see them and angle away from them and stay still until the swim closed to check you or the chum out.

Can't tell you how many new people just charget at them when they see them which is impossible to get them like that.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT