• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need Band Gun suggestions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

keyratfelix

Aug 24, 2008
Alright guys, I am looking to buy a rail gun and get rid of my Cyrano.
I cannot pay more than $300.00 at the moment. I know I can get a decent gun for this amount.
But who better to ask than you guys!
Please give me your suggestions!!
I want bang for my buck, all round good gun.
Thank you!!

I use a gun produced by a South African company called freedivers.I have 4 of them,:inlove nice guns.But it all comes down to personal preferences,what I like in a gun you may not which is why there is such a variety of guns , so I would reccomend trying all your buddies guns and seeing which ones you like and go from there.Will save alot of cash from trial and error.

I went to Divers Direct store in Key Largo yesterday. Besides $800 guns they have big selection of wooden guns in your price range. Few models on sale like 52 Magnum @$199. Many models at $229 like 42 JBL or 48 AB Biller. Plenty guns at $350 and down to $119 for tiny Cressi. Definitely this place is worth to check it out
Pete

I think keyratfelix is after a gun right now but building your own using quality components is a great idea.
I am a great fan of enclosed track Euro style guns but unless you make your own you are going to need more money to buy one of those

Yeah Fox I wish, but maybe in the future I can get an enclosed rail gun. Im looking into these MAKO guns though, look well made.
They claim to be made in the US by US labors. I had read somewhere a while ago that they got there stuff from china, guess not..

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…