• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need help identifying a rare speargun...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jimdoe2you

freediver/spearo/comedian
Sep 26, 2005
Hello all,

Sorry but I do not have a photo anymore of the gun in question. I will only be able to describe it.

I got it in 1991 and had it for about a year. It was a 54" all black gun that was made out of an aluminum I-beam about 1" by 1". There were two models that went by the names of "The Blue Water" and "The Oil Rig". The gun was very thin looking due to the I-beam construction. There is a chance that it was by a company called "Ultimate" but I am not sure.

This gun was very dear to me and it pains me that I have not even been able to verify its existance with anyone else or through the internet. The gun was very real and we sold them in the dive store in Palm Beach, Florida, USA where I worked at the time.

I would appreciate if someone could identify the gun and verify the manufacturer of the gun I am refering to. Any photos of the gun would cause me to jump out of my skin! Finding one for sale would be..............well, beyond words.

Thanks brethren, Jim

Last edited:
After four and a half months!

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

I finally found evidence of that gun I had back in 1991 that I loved so much. It's true, ......I'm not crazy!

It was such an incredble gun!!!

Thank you God!

:)

Attachments

• Gun 1.jpg
    Gun 1.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Gun 2.jpg
    Gun 2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Congrats on finding it! I look forward to the photos. What was it that made you like it so much?

OK, here is the latest update on my search for the incredible and rare gun:

I have watched eBay daily for the past year incase one of these ever came up, ........... and I finally got lucky.

There were two listed on eBay [see the two photos a few posts up], the first was an "Oil Rig" and the second was a "Blue Water" over/under with an extra over/under barrel to boot.

The photos used by the seller were not that great so I used some Kodak software to enlarge, add focus, and add brightness and contrast. After doing so, what I saw did not suprise me. The guns look like they have 2000+ dives on them. The "Blue Water" had numerous scratches on it and areas where the anodizing was rubbed off. I guess this should be expected since these were only manufactured in the late 80's and very early 90's which makes these guns at least 15 years old.

I sniped the "Oil Rig" in the last 5 seconds and got it for a song at $225.50, but the "Blue Water", and remember this is a 15 year old heavily used gun, went for $455.00 (the price of a brand new Riffe Metal Tech Hawaiian).

I believe that if the owner of the company hadn't died when the company was only a few years old and just getting started, these guns would be major players in the gun market today.

When I receive it, I will restore it and post picturess here. Then I will shoot it a few times and retire it to hang on a wall somwhere.

Jim

P.S. Don't anybody tell my wife that I bought another gun, or I'll be sleeping on "Your" couch!

:)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT