• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need Help with bluewater Rigging

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

seaman

Aug 3, 2005
Hello Mates, i do need help on this one. I may have doing something wrong with my breakaway system. I have the shooting line rigged into the forward cocking fin of the shaft and a hawaiian breakaway.. when i shot, as the shaft comes out of the muzzle i get the shooting line thru the bands, and the entire floatline comes thru the space of the bands, and it's a mess... What 'am doing wrong, and what can i do, i was thinking in rig it with an slide ring .. help me please ...

Hiya

Seaman, i think you're rigging your gun up incorrectly. I attach my break-away to my line release. This was, everything is clear and offers 100% break-away.

Have a look at the pic's.

Regards
miles

Attachments

• breakaway 001.jpg
    breakaway 001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 256
  • breakaway 002.jpg
    breakaway 002.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 266
  • break away Rabitech.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 290
Thank's Miles, the hawaiian b.a. looks pretty much the same as the rigging depicted in your Rabi. The problem is when the shaft leaves the gun, the line in the fin comes by the middle of the bands and ... Sorry i don't follow, could you please tell me again?:head :)

Hiya

Seaman, i don't follow.....

Does you bands tangle with the line even when using the gun normally?? (no break-away system?)

Exactly my friend, maybe the problem is the way i clip the line in the front???

SEAMAN- a friend of mine was recently having his shaft tangle in the bands over half the time. It turned out that it was a problem with his Aimrite shaft. One of the cocking fins was poorly welded, with a small burr where the front of the fin met the shaft. I called Daryl Wong and he said that the shafts were welded by a robot with no one looking and some of them had this defect. Before he realized it was a problem he shipped some shafts this way. Then he had the shaft from his Ono gun come back at him a couple of times, and he figured out what was going on. The wishbones were just catching on that fin. Now he checks them all and files off the burr if it is there.

My friend filed his fin, and now has taken several shots with no repeat of the problem.

Of course I don't even know if you have an Aimrite shaft, but it might be worth taking a look at the front of the fins where they meet the shaft.

sounds like you are just putting the shaft in wrong. You should be going rear of the shaft at the muzzle of the gun, under the bands back down the track into the mech. Sounds like you might be going from point of the spear at the rear of the gun forward and under the bands, then back into the mech? follow me?

Definately a spear insertion issuerofl and not a rigging problem from what ou are describing.

Thank you fellow spearos, Bill, I do have an Aimrite shaft, but the thing is a work of perfection, the problem is not with the arrow but the darn Indian :crutch Rig is right, i was doing the inssert in a wrong way!!:duh i had it corrected now, tomorrow i will go to give it a try in the afternoon ... thanks all of you ..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT