• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need shark pictures!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adrian

Deeper Blue Beachcomber
Supporter
Nov 23, 2002
Any of you photographers have a good pic (your own) of a shark?
I need a side shot, full shark, with a blue background if possible. I'm making an animation and and since it may get spread over internet it's best to have it from someone who can give me permission to use the shark image.

Adrian

How about this one.

jon

Last edited:
Or this one.

Last edited:
one more from my hard drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrian
Jon,
These are fantastic pictures but I need a side shot, as in the example below:

Thanks though, Adrian

You're welcome to use this one, but it's low res / size. If you can wait a few days, I can rescan it on a 2700 film scanner, to whatever size / format you need. It's a caribbean reef shark, taken in The Bahamas, 1998, using an MX10.

Attachments

• crshark.jpg
    crshark.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 605
Hi AltSaint,

That's a nice picture. I can probably use it, or at least try. There is no rush on this so if it doesn't make you go out of your way please send me a larger version, around 3 to 4 times the size of the one you posted would be alright. You can either post it here or send me a pm and I'll give you my email.

Thanks,
Adrian

Adrian

Re-scanned and bigger, as promised.

Regards
Mark

Attachments

• bhmshark1.jpg
    bhmshark1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 604
Shark animation

Here is the animation, I'll post the smaller version which is "only" 200K :waterwork - I can't seem to get it smaller! But anyway enjoy. The coral head is from - belive it or not - 1968 with muy first uw camera (a Ricoh half-frame in a housing). The shark is from Mark, (AltSaint) a little modified. If you want to see the larger one, double the pixel size, and 366K let me know and I can email it or post it here. In the gif animator, the movement is fluid, but seen in a browser, a little jerky. Any way to make it better without turning it into a movie? :hmm Mark, thanks alot for all the trouble :) I wonder if in Flash it would be smaller.

Adrian

Last edited:
No trouble, really. I wanted to rescan that negative anyway. I'm quite pleased you were able to use it :) . It's the first time one of my stills has come to life.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT