• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need Spearfinshing fins for less than $75

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

78sharpshooter

Aug 26, 2004
I am just starting to get together the gear I need to start spearfishing but don't have a lot of money. I have settled on the Sporasub viper 100cm and am open to suggestions for inexpensive fins, mask, and snorkel. My goal is to keep the total costs for starting my new hobby under $250. I will be starting out in the San Diego area shooting good eating fish only.

most plastic fins costs more or less same.If you intend to do deep spearfisihng be sure to get low volume mask. Silicon snorkel will not be expensive either...

gear

like Scott said www.diveinn.com cressi GARA 3000s are very nice. I suggest you go to your local store and try them on for size and then order them...keep us posted
j.C

I would invest in a good pair of free diving fins. These usually cost about $1-$200. Having these as opposed to smaller ones will greatly increased or bottom time because you will use less energy swimming around and less energy getting to the bottom. They will also help you stabilize and hover when you are leveling off to shoot a fish better than smaller fins would. And if you need to give chase you will be able to chase the fish faster. If you end up really getting into spearfishing you will the end up buying these things anyways

damn, i paid 140 for my gara3000s at a dive shop. they are only 101$ on diveinn.com (plus shipping i guess)

If it were me I would have went without the speargun for awhile and bought the fins that I needed first .A good pair of fins are not that expensive and worth more than that speargun.

Reactions: icarus pacific
Originally posted by 78sharpshooter
...shooting good eating fish only.

as opposed to...? :D

I agree with aj, above. Get yourself some good quality, basic dive gear and get your game on. THEN you can cruise the garage sales and score a gun.

Worked for me and more than a few others I know. :king

hey - im in the san diego area as well...what size foot are you? ive got some (well used) cressi gara 2000ld (i think...the softer grey ones) that are super comfortable but a little soft for my liking (i use OMER millenium comps now and hopefully moving to BATs soon), id let you have them for 25$...hit me up with a PM

on another note...does anyone here get gnarly blisters from your OMER footpockets? i did for awhile , and when i used socks i would just get horrible foot pain...this has subsided somewhat but that could just be cause my feet are used to the pain?:confused: if only cressi made fins with removable blades, their footpockets were like heaven...

My friend had the same problem with the millenium footpockets his was defected one, it was hard like a bone at the point of rubbing. Then he changed the footpockets but don't know if he still has the problems..

I bought gara 3000 at www.sportextreme.com for 99.00$, I love 'em so much. At that price, you can't find anything as good as these fins.

But for your 250.00$, I hope you're not searching for a wetsuit

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT