• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need to find a good crimper.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LGHT

Nov 4, 2002
Ok I have all the parts I need to setup my gun, but didn't want to spend $50.00 on a crimper at the local dive shop before determining if it's the best thing to use and if that's the going price or not. (I noticed that the crimps where $8.00 for a bag when I got the same thing online for $2)

I already have several crimpers, (car audio, networking, coax, etc) but not sure if I MUST get one specific for spearguns or not.

I read the great article on rigging your gun, and there was a picture of a "monster crimper".

can someone suggest a good crimper to get or where I would find the Monster crimper shown in the sticky on rigging your gun?

Thanks,
Abel

50 bucks would be on the high end for a crimper. Try a fishing tackle store like the Longfin on Chapman in Orange. Any of the Turner's or Sport Chalet's would probably have them too. I have a Shimano crimper for fishing that goes for $15-20 and is just fine for mono or wire with the appropriate sleeves.

Last edited:

I found this at the Anglers Center a few blocks from home. Never even knew it was a store!

CLICK ME HERE <--------------

Chaps i brought my Omer crimper from Subprof.com.I must say it's very good about $65.oo

With that kit, you're wasting money of a lot of crimps that you will never use on a speargun. Get the crimper and just the crimps you need, probably 2.0 or 2.2 mm.

I spent 48 for an Omer crimper, but I dont regret it after having to use my buddies crappy leatherman style crimper!!! Easy Crimping is a way of life that should be worth a few extra bucks!!! it will cut and crimp any setup in a minute flat!! which equates to more time spent fishing!!! and Only get the crimps you need!! maby 2.0mm or 2.2 depending on the mono you are using.
I also crimped on spoons that I cut from their handles and drilled holes in the spoon for flashers to my float line. it keeps the Wahoo interested, which I cant say that for the ladies at the nightclub. Guess I should crimp some more flashers to my belt and bring some chocolates!

Crimp on brotha!!

Last edited:

Yeah I looked at the kit in person and it had a ton of large and small ones I would have never used. I just liked the kit it came in though. I got the adjustable one and a few bags of crimps for misc mono size, but they didn't have the bright mono I was looking for.

As far as flashers I'll have to try and make something. Being very new i'll need all the help I can get. There is a garden supply shop that sells "Holographic tape" that can is very cool looks like a rainbow. I'll have to try and make a flasher out of that stuff if it will bring the fish in close.

Hi,
I had a similar question last earlier this year, here is the thread (with pictures of some popular options). I also looked into the stainless steel Mustad Crimpers mentioned that are pretty new out, Mustad actually got one of their senior European guys, an Italian, to respond - presumably because he is more familiar with spearfishing; the upshot being that it should be good for crimping/swaging spear lines.

Here's a link to that thread: http://forums.deeperblue.net/diy-homemade/70981-crimping-tool-recommendation-spearline.html
...and another: http://forums.deeperblue.net/spearguns-accessories/67138-crimping-tool-line-needed.html

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…