• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need to find a good crimper.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LGHT

Nov 4, 2002
Ok I have all the parts I need to setup my gun, but didn't want to spend $50.00 on a crimper at the local dive shop before determining if it's the best thing to use and if that's the going price or not. (I noticed that the crimps where $8.00 for a bag when I got the same thing online for $2)

I already have several crimpers, (car audio, networking, coax, etc) but not sure if I MUST get one specific for spearguns or not.

I read the great article on rigging your gun, and there was a picture of a "monster crimper".

can someone suggest a good crimper to get or where I would find the Monster crimper shown in the sticky on rigging your gun?

Thanks,
Abel

50 bucks would be on the high end for a crimper. Try a fishing tackle store like the Longfin on Chapman in Orange. Any of the Turner's or Sport Chalet's would probably have them too. I have a Shimano crimper for fishing that goes for $15-20 and is just fine for mono or wire with the appropriate sleeves.

Last edited:
50 bucks would be on the high end for a crimper. Try a fishing tackle store like the Longfin on Chapman in Orange. Any of the Turner's or Sport Chalet's would probably have them too. I have a Shimano crimper for fishing that goes for $15-20 and is just fine for mono or wire with the appropriate sleeves.

I found this at the Anglers Center a few blocks from home. Never even knew it was a store!

CLICK ME HERE <--------------

Chaps i brought my Omer crimper from Subprof.com.I must say it's very good about $65.oo

With that kit, you're wasting money of a lot of crimps that you will never use on a speargun. Get the crimper and just the crimps you need, probably 2.0 or 2.2 mm.

I spent 48 for an Omer crimper, but I dont regret it after having to use my buddies crappy leatherman style crimper!!! Easy Crimping is a way of life that should be worth a few extra bucks!!! it will cut and crimp any setup in a minute flat!! which equates to more time spent fishing!!! and Only get the crimps you need!! maby 2.0mm or 2.2 depending on the mono you are using.
I also crimped on spoons that I cut from their handles and drilled holes in the spoon for flashers to my float line. it keeps the Wahoo interested, which I cant say that for the ladies at the nightclub. Guess I should crimp some more flashers to my belt and bring some chocolates!

Crimp on brotha!!

Last edited:
I spent 48 for an Omer crimper, but I dont regret it after having to use my buddies crappy leatherman style crimper!!! Easy Crimping is a way of life that should be worth a few extra bucks!!! it will cut and crimp any setup in a minute flat!! which equates to more time spent fishing!!! and Only get the crimps you need!! maby 2.0mm or 2.2 depending on the mono you are using.
I also crimped on spoons that I cut from their handles and drilled holes in the spoon for flashers to my float line. it keeps the Wahoo interested, which I cant say that for the ladies at the nightclub. Guess I should crimp some more flashers to my belt and bring some chocolates!

Crimp on brotha!!

Yeah I looked at the kit in person and it had a ton of large and small ones I would have never used. I just liked the kit it came in though. I got the adjustable one and a few bags of crimps for misc mono size, but they didn't have the bright mono I was looking for.

As far as flashers I'll have to try and make something. Being very new i'll need all the help I can get. There is a garden supply shop that sells "Holographic tape" that can is very cool looks like a rainbow. I'll have to try and make a flasher out of that stuff if it will bring the fish in close.

Hi,
I had a similar question last earlier this year, here is the thread (with pictures of some popular options). I also looked into the stainless steel Mustad Crimpers mentioned that are pretty new out, Mustad actually got one of their senior European guys, an Italian, to respond - presumably because he is more familiar with spearfishing; the upshot being that it should be good for crimping/swaging spear lines.

Here's a link to that thread: http://forums.deeperblue.net/diy-homemade/70981-crimping-tool-recommendation-spearline.html
...and another: http://forums.deeperblue.net/spearguns-accessories/67138-crimping-tool-line-needed.html

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT