• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need your help on Rubber Size Plz

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

3Vu

May 29, 2010
Hi all, I need your expertise on this one, as I am new to spearfishing, I just bought an Omer HF2 90cm. and the rubber band is 18mm 22cm long (standard i believe). I could not load the gun, I find it too heavy to pull back. took me over 30 mins to load, after shooting it, I was too buggered to load reload again. Is it because i am too weak? or the rubber is too short? n big? should I get a 16mm rubber for the same length? or 18mm for a longer length? if so how much longer? or i just need to go to gym n pump up my bicep n tricep muscles? Thanks.

I find if you grab the handle with your right hand and grab your closest rubber with your left hand and push the handle and pull the rubber at the same time place the handle into your chest . use your hand that was previosly holding the handle and gab the other side of the rubber and pull with both hands and load the band and repeat . please if you have a saftey use it and make sure you never point it at anyone while your doing this or at any time . cheers

Thanks guys, i tried chest loading but once i pulled, it slide down to my abdomen. Ok i'll try and load it that way. Ofcourse I wont point at anyone while loading. I've looked up on Youtube and thats the way they load as well. I just can't pull it back. Any tips on rubber size? or its just me a weakling?

just keep trying you'll build the needed muscles over time and practice . It's a weird movement but over time you'll get it . if thats too weird try hip loading . To do that one put the gun against your hip and pull each band down to the tab or notch .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…